Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rozewicz  (Read 1826 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cioran

  • Guest
Rozewicz
« on: March 18, 2009, 07:27:58 pm »

Tadeusz Rozewicz


Leave Us Alone


Forget about us
about our generation
live like human beings
forget about us
 
we envied
plants and stones
we envied dogs

I would like to be a rat
I used to say to her

I would like not to be
I would like to fall asleep
and wake up after the war
she would say with her eyes shut

forget about us
don't ask about our youth
leave us alone
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Rozewicz
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:30:38 pm »

I think I should point out at this point that our parent site used to be (and we still share server space with) plagiarist.com. 

So, we're good on poetry, I think. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Rozewicz
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 11:38:24 am »

Angsty poems ftw. Hell, I feel like I'm 14 again...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 01:34:36 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Rozewicz
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 12:26:54 pm »

I always liked Guilderstern better.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Rozewicz
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 12:49:44 pm »

There's a pub in Stratford called the Rose and Crown. I really want to open another over the road called the Gilded Tern or something.

And the on nights when they were both completely empty...

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Rozewicz
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 01:11:58 pm »

.... awesome.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Rozewicz
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 06:19:55 pm »

There's nowhere for this thread to go from here other than downhill.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up