Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Daisy Owl  (Read 68152 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2009, 09:46:09 pm »

Well, beans WERE a staple of the Israelites...
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2009, 10:24:37 pm »

Thank you for the gift of Nicolas Cage. But what does that have to do with Pythagoras? I mean, is it the math angle?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2009, 11:37:51 pm »

Oh, it's just that it seems that Nicolas Cage is the guy to go to for these types of crappy mystery shenanigans. Pythagoras is definitely material for one of those. But really, I just thought it was apropos of the bean topic, some say he wouldn't even walk through a patch of beans. What would be "fear of beans"? Faba... phobia? Phaco? My dead languages don't exist.

Oh, and
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:38:08 am by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2009, 06:11:12 am »

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-22

Does anyone have a leaf blower? Let's get on top of this.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2009, 12:55:05 pm »

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-22

Does anyone have a leaf blower? Let's get on top of this.

Man, second degree itchy collar is the worst I've ever had and let me tell you it's bad enough.  Third degree? Shudder
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2009, 01:24:04 pm »

"In layman terms, yes"

"oh, it was supposed to grow hair?"

very winful, very winny, yes ^^
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2009, 06:43:41 am »

I have finally determined that a Guide to Bees shirt is worth more to me than twenty-four dollars.  This is probably because I just got a royalty check, but still.  Twenty-four dollars for a shirt, people.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2009, 01:17:41 pm »

I have finally determined that a Guide to Bees shirt is worth more to me than twenty-four dollars.  This is probably because I just got a royalty check, but still.  Twenty-four dollars for a shirt, people.

I don't even want to know what the painting ends up going for
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2009, 02:40:12 am »

Twenty-four dollars for a shirt, people.

That does include $5 shipping.  Is this really that excessive?  Achewood shirts are $18.  I can't find out how much shipping is from the new store, but I assume it would be something similar.

You want to bitch about price, try buying from overseas with devalued currency.  If I wanted that same shirt I would have to part with 37 of my dollars.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2009, 03:13:14 am »

Oh man that is so many dollars.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2009, 06:00:53 am »

That does include $5 shipping.  Is this really that excessive?  Achewood shirts are $18.  I can't find out how much shipping is from the new store, but I assume it would be something similar.

You want to bitch about price, try buying from overseas with devalued currency.  If I wanted that same shirt I would have to part with 37 of my dollars.

Solidarity fist-can-bump.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2009, 02:17:10 am »

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-05-29

Steve is right. Mystery is a precious thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2009, 05:03:42 pm »

I don't even want to know what the painting ends up going for

$510.01 right now. You have 2 hours 28 mins left to bid.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2009, 07:46:15 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2009, 03:13:46 am »

I'm going to assume that's a shudder of pleasure in the last panel.

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-06-09
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24   Go Up