Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Daisy Owl  (Read 68038 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2009, 04:45:13 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2009, 05:23:16 pm »

Nooooo!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2009, 09:20:45 pm »

My turn, my turn *jumps up and down*

I had bone scraped off from the mandible (so that it could be used someplace else in me mouth, see). So they had to cut my gums open and then hammer the shit out of the bone with a chisel. One dentist would hold my mandible with his fingers, forcing it like if it was a jammed file cabinet drawer, while the other went DING DING DING (with the hammer and chisel). My eyeballs kept bouncing inside my skull (which I wasn't aware could produce creaking sounds). It lasted two hours, and the only thing that kept me (sort of) composed was thinking: "Man, myself from one year from now will be so lucky for not being here! I really gotta stick around for that time when I'm no longer auditioning for a part in Hellraiser..."
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2009, 02:13:03 pm »

My turn, my turn *jumps up and down*

I had bone scraped off from the mandible (so that it could be used someplace else in me mouth, see). So they had to cut my gums open and then hammer the shit out of the bone with a chisel. One dentist would hold my mandible with his fingers, forcing it like if it was a jammed file cabinet drawer, while the other went DING DING DING (with the hammer and chisel). My eyeballs kept bouncing inside my skull (which I wasn't aware could produce creaking sounds). It lasted two hours, and the only thing that kept me (sort of) composed was thinking: "Man, myself from one year from now will be so lucky for not being here! I really gotta stick around for that time when I'm no longer auditioning for a part in Hellraiser..."

that makes my tummy hurt.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2009, 02:46:07 pm »

Vey awl hab ponies onum.  Where's Timmy the Tooth when you need him?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2009, 03:07:44 pm »

What is it with all the unpredictable guys updating their comics frequently this week?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2009, 10:29:44 am »

My bee shirt is here!  I am happy.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Driscoll

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
    • Daisy Owl
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2009, 05:31:05 am »

Hey there guys, thanks for reading. And thanks for supporting the comic, Lister.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2009, 01:59:15 pm »

You're welcome. Keep up the good work.

Seconded.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2009, 02:00:43 pm »

I don't want to say too much but if we keep seeing this kind of hard work maybe someone will have their own official, unofficial message board one day.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2009, 05:15:58 pm »

Jeeze, even I was on my good behaviour.

Don't think we didn't notice.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2009, 07:16:39 pm »

You're welcome. Keep up the good work.

I'm really digging it, and this coming from a guy who hasn't been able to stay with any webcomic, with two exceptions, for more than like a week. I can't deal with another board, though.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2009, 04:08:29 am »

Wow.  That was so meta.

I'm going to wear the bee shirt to our fan event.  Maybe it'll spread the word.  Of bees.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2009, 09:42:27 pm »

Wow.  That was so meta.

I'm going to wear the bee shirt to our fan event.  Maybe it'll spread the word.  Of bees.

does wearing an achewood shirt to an achewood event be equal to wearing a band shirt to said band show?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2009, 02:50:10 am »

It definitely would, but the event I'm attending has nothing to do with Daisy Owl in particular or webcomics in general.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24   Go Up