Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Daisy Owl  (Read 68092 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2009, 04:57:46 pm »

*reciprocity*
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2009, 09:02:19 pm »

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-08-28

I got worried for a minute that I don't own a pitchfork, but then I remembered I don't own a futon. But should I be worried that a futon might come to my house?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2009, 09:42:08 pm »

I was worried your story would include a pitchfork.  Thankfully I was mistaken.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2009, 11:22:56 pm »

new lifting-things story.

We were buying my roommate a desk at Office Depot. They asked if we wanted help moving it. We were imagining, you know, like a hand cart or something. So we said yes.
Cut to: two college-aged guys turning red as a big burly middle-aged lady carried their desk to the car.

Damn, like, the desk was not that heavy. We just weren't sure what the protocol was for buying a large item from this store. Ugh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2009, 02:49:24 am »

That is such a great mental picture.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2009, 03:22:29 am »

And then she tried to make us feel better by being like, "don't worry guys, I work out every day."

In other news, I have even more reason to continue my regimen of push-ups and sit-ups.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2009, 04:26:19 am »

Little old lady helps young man across the street.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2009, 06:31:59 am »

Film at eleven.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2009, 10:44:44 pm »

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-09-03

Steve is a little concerned this might all be a big trick to get him to the vet.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2009, 11:04:29 pm »

For some reason I keep worrying that this comic will stop being good. It's like it's so good I can't believe it's true. I don't know what I did to deserve it.

Also, I finally got the Bees tshirt. I highly recommend it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2009, 03:26:19 am »

I know exactly what you mean.

I don't even mind that there is always about 5 days between comics because it really seems like he labors over every line and word. At least, that's what I hope happens, because if he's able to sit on his butt getting stoned every day and whip one up in a few hours that's like first class Genius right there and I would be extremely jealous.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2009, 12:13:26 am »

I was just looking at the archive and thought it was important to note that the title of the most recent strip is Owl Booboo.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #222 on: September 09, 2009, 01:24:05 pm »

Prescription Strength: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-09-09

The vet wasn't that bad. He didn't get put to sleep or anything.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2009, 01:26:53 pm »

I certainly hope that's a medical grade balloon.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2009, 08:46:41 pm »

How is it that I've never read Daisy Owl until now? Thank you, to those who recommended it.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24   Go Up