Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Daisy Owl  (Read 68015 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #225 on: September 10, 2009, 04:57:58 pm »

Speaking of making your way through a webcomic's archive... I think we all need this.
http://lifehacker.com/5356339/archive-binge-steadily-catches-you-up-on-web-comics
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2009, 10:53:32 pm »

I just noticed on the most recent comic that, while he could have easily reused panel 2 for panel 6, he redrew it from scratch and made the doctor's eyebrows slightly lower, indicating that this conversation is over.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2009, 07:14:22 pm »

Balloons: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-09-11

These are some fantastic expressions all around.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #228 on: September 11, 2009, 07:23:53 pm »

I giggled out loud at that. No words, one picture, and I actually laughed out loud.

Please, someone, when am I going to pay for this? I still don't understand what I did to deserve it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2009, 08:15:47 am »

I bought a bee shirt today, as the exchange rate is slightly more favourable at the moment than it has been.

Now to wait several weeks for the shirt to make its way across the ocean...
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2009, 10:47:44 am »

I cannot explain in words how much it pains me not to have a bee shirt. I mean, I have a bee finger puppet and bee hats and a bee teatowel and bee cufflinks and a bee peg bag for when I hang the washing out but I do not have a proper job.

(By 'I cannot explain in words' I don't mean it pains me a lot. It's only a t-shirt.)

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2009, 02:56:47 pm »

I would like to thank everyone for turning me on to Daisy Owl.  It is excellent.  That is all.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2009, 04:15:27 pm »

I would like to thank everyone for turning me on to Daisy Owl.  It is excellent.  That is all.

I can't believe that it started on Cracked. I mean, I'm not knocking Cracked, I read their list every day but Daisy Owl just seems so far removed from their kind of humor.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2009, 09:31:25 pm »

I don't find much of Cracked to be funny.  Daisy Owl on the other hand is excellent.  How are we coming on giving it it's own forum?  Any movement on that yet?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2009, 01:45:27 am »

Daisy Owl started on Cracked, sure, but not as an official Cracked article.  Ben just started posting them on the forums one day to see what people thought.  They went up on the front page because David Wong liked them and decided the comic needed more exposure.

The forums in general are farily different in tone to the rest of the site.  They were imported over whole from Pointless Waste of Time when it merged with Cracked, and hence retain a lot of the unique humour of PWoT.  Cracked meanwhile found a formula that worked (fact-based lists with dick jokes) and stuck to it, which gets them the hits they're after but can get a bit samey.  I'm on the forums every day but I rarely read the articles.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #235 on: September 13, 2009, 01:45:57 am »

Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #236 on: September 13, 2009, 01:58:02 am »

Sure it does, but who wants to talk about a comic with a bunch of strangers?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #237 on: September 13, 2009, 03:45:51 am »

Why join a forum just to bug a guy?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #238 on: September 13, 2009, 04:30:10 am »

they have radder thread titles than us.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #239 on: September 13, 2009, 07:27:02 am »

Oh, and Daisy Owl has a forum.

That forum looks... official.

Oh shit, everyone's gonna go over there now aren't they?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24   Go Up