Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The blogs of April and November and May  (Read 2850 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 03:07:15 am »

So... wait...

In the text of the story, does the artist still live with them, in Achewood?

How does this work?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 04:46:48 am »

ALSO:

Beef's blog seemed... off somehow. Thoughts were too complete? Too confident in their concepts? I dunno.

I do sure as hell know that he wouldn't use laugh-out-loud-cats terminology to conceptualize something eating an apricot.

Dude would be ten hells of ashamed to sink that low.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:08:44 am »

Yeah, I thought that was a little out of character, too.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 07:05:05 am »

I kind of like these, if only because I was starving for Achewood.

How long has Teodor been in Santa Cruz? If this is his post #2, where is post #1?

EDIT: Whoah, I just realized that post was from eleven months ago. Never mind.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:12:52 am »

Yeah, did he fuck with the dates in the top, or just link to old blogs?  Seems like the former, but I can't tell.  I mean, he mentions it is back dated, but what does that mean?  I mean, I think I have an understanding, but is that possible?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:10:12 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 01:10:14 pm »

Maybe he posted them then and marked the entry private, but just now made it public. Premium subscribers, are these posts old news?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 01:18:35 pm »

This is so right.

Quote
If I want to learn about why apricot trees do what they do, I have to pay sixty bucks, sit in a classroom for three months behind some guy who really, really likes the San Francisco Giants, and hope all to hell that the teacher covers that topic. Man that is inefficient.


This premium subscriber doesn't recall seeing these before, but, you know, I am not so good at the remembering thing. However, I have Blogger blogs and I am pretty sure the way it works, I could go post something right now and date it Nov 2008 and it would insert it in the right place back there in November. Why not? It's just a blog, there's no big moral issue with rewriting history or anything.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 02:35:12 pm »


This premium subscriber doesn't recall seeing these before, but, you know, I am not so good at the remembering thing.

ditto.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 03:11:31 pm »

What the premium subscribers did hear about was the family trip to drive back to California to pick up all the rest of their stuff in a truck, and trying to draw comics in a hotel room with a laptop with no drawing pad. Where writing blog entries would have been easier. Which makes it plausible that these are new rather than forgotten by both me and AW.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 07:01:31 am »

I wish Roast Beef still had depression.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 05:35:49 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 10:07:59 pm »

Philippe's Christmas list.  Awwww.

I hope he got nothing, and cried all the way until the New Year.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 10:48:56 pm »

Quote from: Phillipe
...melty restaurant cheese that stays melted

The five year old retarded otter does not question what actually keeps the cheese melty. And sleeps the sleep of the innocent.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The blogs of April and November and May
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 01:36:57 am »

Oh man who doesn't love asparagus pee.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1]   Go Up