Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: First gear killed my baby -- April 6th, 2009  (Read 6022 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: First gear killed my baby -- April 6th, 2009
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 04:15:43 am »

Quote
I read this comment just minutes after watching a biopic about Ed Roth.  I'm sure you can guess then how I feel about your statement.

Only if we know who that is.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: First gear killed my baby -- April 6th, 2009
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 12:44:54 pm »

Only if we know who that is.

Why, that's Ol' Man Roth's boy!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: First gear killed my baby -- April 6th, 2009
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 01:02:58 pm »

Gah! 

Gaaah! 

Aaaaugh! 






Reading this strip felt like watching the ending to Fight Club for the first time. 

I liked it. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: First gear killed my baby -- April 6th, 2009
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 03:31:58 pm »

Only if we know who that is.

I figured he was a household name, but I guess you whippersnappers don't know who he is.  I figured anyone who didn't know would Google it.

But since you've never heard of him let me put it to you another way...

I read this comment after spending most of the day working on my artcar getting it ready for the big parade in a month.  I'm sure you can guess then how I feel about your statement.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: First gear killed my baby -- April 6th, 2009
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 03:42:53 pm »

?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: First gear killed my baby -- April 6th, 2009
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 04:47:34 pm »

Hell yes!!!  Carthedral by Rebecca Caldwell of Oakland California.  I've never seen this car in person, but would definitely love to.  She's brought it to Houston before, but it's not as road worthy anymore.  It lives in Harrod Blank's Artcar World museum in Douglas Arizona nowadays.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: First gear killed my baby -- April 6th, 2009
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 07:20:46 pm »

I think you guys have been trolled.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: First gear killed my baby -- April 6th, 2009
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 08:40:13 pm »

If Ed Roth can be summed up in an image:


Click the pic for a trip
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: First gear killed my baby -- April 6th, 2009
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 11:26:41 pm »

paul, have I told you about the art-car I always see in charlotte? It's always in a place where I can't stop to take pictures... it is covered in some sort of crazy molded stuff.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: First gear killed my baby -- April 6th, 2009
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 03:03:27 am »

I'm not sure.  You sent me a link to one of your flickr friends who has an artcar I think.  I can't remember.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up