Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!  (Read 4657 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 12:56:17 am »

I wonder what happened between January 11th and January 14th, 2002 that made Onstad decide Ray would wear a thong.

That's all covered in the 200-page fanfiction epic I wrote.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009, 01:33:30 am »

I wonder what happened between January 11th and January 14th, 2002 that made Onstad decide Ray would wear a thong.

Google had nothing.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 02:08:51 am »

Damn it's like he took the image and tilted the heads upward a bit. Good catch.

Come to that, I always thought that was meant to be little nephew with the backpack? Has someone else take his place in the achewood schoolyard hierachy?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 02:46:29 am »

Superboy punched a wall and... bam. Thong.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 06:41:49 am »

I like little nephew.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 07:19:53 am »

Yeah, this is a good new trend for him.

I totally did not get until now that Ray was stoned. I thought that the things under his eyes were because he was sad about the culture we live in, which is letigious, reactionary, and fearmongering. I... guess I was projecting my own beliefs onto him.

There're more lines, but I'm pretty sure that's how Onstad draws Ray stoned. It's debatable though. Also, does anyone have any concrete ideas about what's going on in panel 7? I really can't damn tell.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 01:36:28 pm »

Ray dispatches a garbage can much the way he kills a cow -- sideways and with a certain amount of vocalized guilt.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 03:35:40 pm »

Also, does anyone have any concrete ideas about what's going on in panel 7? I really can't damn tell.

I believe he baked the cookies in the confines of the trash can, which is why they smell so bad.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 02:06:48 pm »

What's the tune of the bad cookies song?  The Doors' "Whiskey Bar" fits pretty well.

Moby's "Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad" almost does it:

"Who wants to know/(whymycookies)/ Taste so bad..."


Sorry for bringing up Moby.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 04:42:58 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up