Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes  (Read 4630 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Harlock Hero

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 15
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« on: April 19, 2009, 10:09:17 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04192009

A Sunday update? Impossible to think of, but here it is.

I like how this is almost like a different side of Ray; at first you almost think he's about to just go off on Pat like he was talking to Marmaduke, just all Fuck You Sunday-style, but then it becomes more like an idealistic defense of his entire lifestyle. He seems more thoughtful here than usual? Is this what dry-steamin' will do for a man?

So, is Ray really on to something, or just grasping at straws to escape from the burden of having broken society's covenant? Also, what could Pat be wanting at 10:38 on a Sunday morning?

The most mysterious and question-raising strip of 2009 so far, I declare.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 07:26:57 pm by Harlock Hero »
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 10:21:57 am »

Me and my roommate have this discussion every week day (i'm Ray, he's Pat) but once you start sleeping til like 4, that's when it gets a bit ridiculous.

Ray is on to something.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

herofix

  • Guest
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 10:23:37 am »

He's on to something.  It's because we didn't have lightbulbs.  O my God, what an epiphany.  The scales have fallen from my eyes.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 10:27:57 am »

Oh Glorious Ray, how though hath torn assunder the lies lain before our eyes.

I like a good sleep in but do feel terrible wasteful about them since if I get up around 3 then the people I want to talk to and hang out with are going to be around for another 10 hours or so at best. This means I end up watching late night tv or surfing the internet which isn't cool. I ain't going to feel bad because of society but I do feel the need to maximize what little time I got. Sometimes sleeping past noon is the correct way to do that though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 01:13:14 pm »

Ray is correct. It does not make you a better person if you get up at six am and eat a garbanzo bean.

If you get as much done in a day - or, like, Ray, keep out of as much trouble - as anyone who gets up at six am, what difference does it make what hours you sleep? The only issue is whether you really do make just as good use of the day, or, like Doc says, end up watching TV at 2 am when nothing good is on anyway. But see, the same thing is true at 6 am. On the rare occasions that I get up early, I find it's too early to make phone calls or go out to some store or something. It's not all it's cracked up to be.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 02:25:22 pm »

He's on to something.  It's because we didn't have lightbulbs.  O my God, what an epiphany.  The scales have fallen from my eyes.

And now every office has all their lights on all day long anyway, so what really is the difference? Viva la nighttime.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 05:36:23 pm »

you got to put the link in the post man

i think i might have to gruffle me a popper sampler esta hoy
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 06:41:50 pm »

The Pros and Cons of Actually Trying is a key conceptual tool.

Knowing when trying is just gonna chew you up is almost as important as knowing when you gotta throw your everything at a notion.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 08:55:47 pm »

What really bothers me is my increasing perception that I am actually a "morning person," just one who is very easily distracted by late-night activities, and who is too tired.

I feel much happier about my life when I wake up early. But then I get distracted by the internet until 4 AM, and that whole plan dies pretty fast.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 09:55:56 pm »

Bonus for getting up early today: I actually got one of the three remaining carparks on my side of the bridge.
Related downside: I am now at uni with nothing to do except study for 3 hours. Which is good in theory but not a lot of fun.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 10:29:52 pm »

Lately I eat huge meals late at night, and wake up absolutely destroyed by hunger. What gives?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 10:40:58 pm »

I've actually started eating breakfast recently and it has resulted in me always being starving again by 10 whereas normally I'd be fine until lunch. WHAT THE HELL METABOLISM?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 04:48:47 am »

I'm perpetually a late sleeper when allowed to do so... though, when left to my own devices, I end up on a 28 hour cycle.  18 hours awake, 10 asleep.  It really sucks on the "wake up at midnight" days.  All standing outside of the grocery store waiting for it to open because I can't think of anything else to do.

Now that I have a Job this doesn't happen that often.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 03:55:30 pm »

I feel like the first two hours of the day are generally wasted and it's good to get those out of the way early.

Also in the Summer months, it's much more pleasant to exercise earlier in the AM.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 19 April 2009 - Takin' in Impure Ideas Through the Eyes
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 05:01:28 am »

 times I have slept today: 7:30am-9:20am, 1:30pm-5:30pm, 10:30pm-12:00am.

awesome. I love college.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up