Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference  (Read 2695 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Hobo Joe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 02:49:50 am »

Where's the Achewood reference?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 03:02:48 am »

The Disease is Inside of You!

Hobo Joe, read again.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 04:18:27 am »

To his credit, the designer seems to have a sense of humor about it.  He does not seem to want to taste the curb.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Hobo Joe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 03:05:44 pm »

"An online comic strip shows a gang kicking and swearing at Mr. Connare"

I read it four times before I caught that.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 05:58:15 pm »

"Comic Sans walks into a bar, bartender says, 'We don't serve your type." - heehee
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 06:45:52 pm »

"Comic Sans walks into a bar, bartender says, 'We don't serve your type."

I'm using that joke to break the ice if I ever meet a group of standoff-ish creative design people.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Harlock Hero

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 15
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 05:48:10 am »

Hobo Joe, are you from Arkansas?

I lived in Arkansas for one year and there was a "shaved ice" stand called Hobo Joe's where we all went on a field trip ((i.e. - we walked down the sidewalk to get there)) in fourth grade. The teacher made me get sugar-free banana for some reason.

Please tell me that you are the 90 year old owner of that shaved ice stand. I want to try the blueberry.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up