Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Swine Flu from Mexico  (Read 11711 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 04:55:05 pm »

Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 06:26:17 pm »

A lonely young fellow named Fred,
Had a cock with a corkscrew shaped head!
He'd found what he'd hunted:
A lass corkscrew cunted
Alas, she had Fred-reversed thread.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 08:35:31 pm »

Corkscrew c*ck.

Don't knock it till you try it.


Quote from: #insub
B==e
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 09:13:57 pm »

Strictly speaking, wouldn't it be

8///////////=D

Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 09:32:54 pm »

8///////////=D

A bright point in my day.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 09:37:29 pm »

Yeah, Kieth is right; why wouldn't people who don't like pigs take capitalize on a negative portrayal of pigs? Isn't nature kind of doing their work for them? Wouldn't they be like "See? See?"

Oh, right, I was so distracted making a Galactic Patrol joke I didn't get around to this.

I'm pretty sure the idea isn't to flatter pigs, it's to avoid stigmatizing people who have the disease. There are a lot of people who hear the name "swine flu" and assume you must have eaten/wrestled/fucked a pig to catch it. You know how some people won't tell anyone they have HIV or seek treatment because "it's a disease gay people get" and they don't want anyone thinking they're gay? Basically the same issue with calling something "swine flu" in Israel. It's not something you want added on top of a disease you're worrying about reaching epidemic nature.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 09:56:37 pm »

That makes so much sense. I get it now.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 10:36:08 pm »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 11:50:15 pm »

I imagine a laugh-out-loud cat looking dizzy in front of a liquor bottle.

"do i haves wine flu?"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2009, 12:33:10 am »

You should make that.  For reals.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 12:41:38 am »

I have negative graphical editing skills.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2009, 01:45:48 am »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2009, 04:00:40 pm »

There are a lot of people who hear the name "swine flu" and assume you must have (...)wrestled(...) a pig to catch it.

I like this idea for a disease.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: New Swine Flu from Mexico
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2009, 08:21:14 pm »

I like this idea for a disease.

It would be cooler if you had to wrestle a pig for the cure.*
(the epic battle of hognarok)




* the cure, of course, is a soooey generis
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up