Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Fans at the Toronto Comics Art Festival?  (Read 1484 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TedFFZ

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Achewood Fans at the Toronto Comics Art Festival?
« on: May 05, 2009, 03:50:39 pm »

Hey Knuckleheads!

I don't know if this will be of much interest to y'all, but I'm presenting an academic paper on Achewood at this Saturday's "New Narrative" Conference in Toronto, which will be taking place inside of the T.C.A.F.  Admission is free.  The panel I'm on, "Closer Looks," starts at 12:15.  I'm writing with specific attention to Philippe and his role in the stories as a child.

The organizer for the panel hasn't posted the full schedule yet, but when he does, it will probably be here: http://www.andrewlesk.com/conferences.html.  The event takes place inside the Metro Central Reference Library.

You can learn more about the T.C.A.F. here: http://www.torontocomics.com/tcaf/ - they have some pretty impressive guests. 

Thanks so much.  Shameless plug over.

-EH
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Fans at the Toronto Comics Art Festival?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 03:57:47 pm »

I was going to suggest you post the text of the paper at some point... but that's like asking you to throw yourself to the wolves, isn't it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up