Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Another guy's comic  (Read 4436 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Another guy's comic
« on: May 14, 2009, 01:18:45 pm »

There's a link to this here comic in the premium section.
http://donjolly.com/?p=382

Quote
I like it, and I want everyone to be nice to Don. I don't want that "Internet messageboard" thing to happen, where people start douching their mouths off left and right.

I know Onstad's rules don't hold here but... um. OK. I am saying nothing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 01:35:40 pm »

Yeah.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 02:15:26 pm »

It would be nice if I could make something out of the writing and the drawings. Other than that, it is a really good comic!

Alternatively:

Onstad is in awe at having found someone even better than him in the game of not giving enough of a fuck.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:22:58 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 04:39:30 pm »

"It's a fiercely competitive game, Phil, I mean they're recruiting kids right out of High School these days, and the talent is phenomenal; I'd go so far as to say that not giving a fuck is entering its golden age. I'm very excited for the upcoming season."
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 05:05:27 pm »

Back in my day, the coaches would force you to EARN your not-giving-a-fuck by building up, caring more and more about everything until you finally couldn't take it any more and simply COULDN'T give-a-fuck, after years and years of strength training to exhaust your ability to care about anything. These days, kids just outta middle school, they're letting 'em toss around ennui right from a dead stop.

Gonna throw out their arms like that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 05:39:26 pm »

Man, back in High School, I new this guy who was definitely going for the pros. But then he tore his TLDR ligament and couldn't walk more than five steps without his knee caring. Pretty soon, he just started caring altogether, became a civil liberties lawyer. We still have friendly games on the weekends, but you can tell his head is totally in it, he's giving 100%, which is a terrible thing too see. When we pass a bum on the street, he tries to look the other way, he really does, but you can still see his hand twitching to reach for his pocket change. The other day we watched one of those commercials for orphans, and he had to excuse himself to the kitchen. He said it was his allergies, but I could tell. He's slowly losing his ability not to care.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 06:21:36 pm »

Moon and Sixpence is a nice bar. 

There are darts there.  Metal tipped darts. 



It used to be really smokey there.  Now you can't smoke in bars in Oregon.

I think I lost my point...
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 09:14:40 pm »

On the other end of the artistic spectrum... (way, way, waaay away in the other end of the artistic spectrum):

Lackadaisy: I froth with envy.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 11:24:46 pm »

It is serious, but there are cartoon kitties, but it is serious. My brain 'sploded.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 01:16:58 am »

On the other end of the artistic spectrum... (way, way, waaay away in the other end of the artistic spectrum):

Lackadaisy: I froth with envy.

A) So far this is really excellent; and
B) It's cool because it has real St Louis references.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 02:36:41 am »

Lackadaisy is the Minnesota Fats of webcomics. It is the limit, to which all others must take what they possess. Of those who have dared to go, so far none have come back alive. In the comics business, they call that strip "Widowmaker".
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 03:58:18 am »

I don't think I like (web)comics.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 04:32:39 am »

Harlock, your comic doesn't suck.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

herofix

  • Guest
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 06:37:53 am »

I don't think I like (web)comics.

I'm in the same boat, I think.  Achewood is like the one friend I have who allows me to say defensively that I'm not bigoted.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Another guy's comic
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 07:29:43 am »

Harlock, your comic doesn't suck.

Seconded
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up