Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: National Lampoon's Choop Vacation  (Read 16620 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 09:22:07 pm »

...as long as you also teach him where not to tuck the money first
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003, 03:15:08 pm »

Except that my six-month-old is a girl.

If she wants to tuck money into sexy ladies' G-strings somewhere down the road, hey, nothing wrong with that.  But I think I'll let her decide that on her own, thanks.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2003, 06:27:49 pm »

Aw, man, don't deny her hot girl-girl action just because she's only six months old.  

And I know she's your daughter, but think about how hot it would be for your friends?  All you selgiraffe people always thinkin' solely about yourselves and the well-being of your children.  Pffft.

You will never be 'rad' with that attitude.

V-Adore

  • Guest
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2003, 02:47:51 am »

I go away from the board for like two days and this happens.

I'm proud of you people! Proud!
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2003, 06:01:27 am »

I'm back, baby! And not a moment too soon. I didn't lose more than I could afford to, though I did hit a couple SNAFUs with my credit card. But that's not for you to worry your pretty little heads about.

Turns out? The wife's an expert at blackjack. Yeah. And? She doesn't like to play it. She'd rather lose at slots than win at blackjack. Oh, well. No diamond for X-mas for somebody here.

THIS JUST IN: Don't let me gamble. I'll just lose it all.

You seem to have had some fun without me, and thanks for being have.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2003, 06:36:26 am »

Did you make it to Picasso?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2003, 05:55:16 pm »

YOU BET I DID!

Sorry, I forgot I was going to post a review. Here we go!

At Picasso, they offer two styles of dining: "Prix Fixe" and "Degustation," which is really just a different prix fixe menu, and another ten bucks. The Prix Fixe offers one of three choices for the first three courses, and your choice of several desserts; the Degustation offers four preset courses, then one of two choices for the entree, followed by the same dessert system. Both are available with paired wines for about half the price of the dinner extra. Before your order is taken, though, you are presented with an "amuse bouche" (or however that's spelled). Now I shall, as they say, "break it down a touch further."

The missus and I began our anniversary dinner with a lovely glass of champagne, during our enjoyment of which came the amuse bouche - a pheasant croquette with a touch of tomato sauce. Extravagant! I opted for the Prix Fixe, with mrs|Choop volunteering for the Degustation menu. Our appetizers arrived: mine was a quail salad, lovely and fatty small fowl with bitter greens and artichoke prepared better than I've ever had before; my dear lady's was a georgeous crab lump cake, the second best of all the crab cakes we've sampled: light, creamy, almost no breading or filler.

Course two! By now we've got real wine, not just champagne, but a lovely sharp Chardonnay for her, and a nice dry and spicy Zinfandel (not white zin! for shame!) for moi. The server brings to my love her sauteed scallops over some of the finest mashed potatoes in all of the country. I've got now a seafood boudin, a small sausage containing lobster, crab, scallops, and shrimp. With this comes a mild sauce tasting of poblano, tomato, and basil. Extraordinary.

Course the third! I've only got the one more course, which will be discussed later, but my sweetheart has an extra interjection here of seared foie gras. Never before have I had foie gras. Never again will I understand why I never before had foie gras. This is the single best part of the meal: it's soft, it's rich and fatty, and it disappears in about forty-five seconds. Yes, she was kind enough to share with me.

Entree! Entree pour vous! Lamb for the lady, and deer for me. Her chop is lovely, cooked just to medium, and accompanied by some vegetables of some sort. However, I have no recollection of its taste: blown away by the foie gras, I taste the venison medallions on my plate and am reassembled. There are few enough vegetables on my plate as to be nearly laughable; still, each is expertly prepared, and what I thought at first glance was potato turned to apple in my mouth. Lovely! Woodsy! Not gamey in the least.

Dessert was perhaps the weakest point of the meal, except for the coffee and the post-dinner liqueur I tasted. Complex, tasting of coffee, chocolate, vanilla, raspberry, tart cherry, spinach, vodka, and citrus, it had been aged over thirty years and breathed for five minutes before it came to me. I only wish I could remember the name of it: I've got the vintage.

All in all, especially considering the credit card snafu (about which our waiter was especially kind and understanding) this was perhaps the finest meal of our lives. It's at least in the top three, and that's saying something. Five stars out of four!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2003, 08:42:33 pm »

Oh, snap!  

Alright, guess I know where's I'm taking the lady next time.  Thanks Choop!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2003, 08:57:16 pm »

Sounds great, Choop.  I usually hit the seedier parts of the city, home of the cheap-ass buffets and usually with naked chicks dancing on top of the tables, but that sounds incredible.

I'll have to check out Picasso next time I'm in town with a special lady.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2003, 12:16:24 am »

Oh, don't get me wrong, we hit downtown too for the $.99 shrimp cocktail at the Golden Gate, then played some $3 blackjack and hit the "Loosest Slots in Vegas" at one of those... Binion's hossshoe, maybe?

We kind of had to after blowing our wad at Picasso and Drai's (which also rocked the casbah).

Also on the good side, our winnings bought us tickets to see the Blue Man Group, and bought me some mackin' shades and shoes.

And we brought home the Croupe, or Strep, or Bronchitis, or some shit which means extra days off which are filled with hacking up lung and sleeping in a NyQuil daze. Yay us.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2003, 06:46:15 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Oh, don't get me wrong, we hit downtown too for the $.99 shrimp cocktail at the Golden Gate, then played some $3 blackjack and hit the "Loosest Slots in Vegas" at one of those... Binion's hossshoe, maybe?


Good business is where you find it - Clarence Boddicker

My one and only trip to Vegas was not classy in the least. We drank heavily and played penny slots all day, because the sort of people who fan their hands at a video slot depiction of a parrot squawking, in his sorry little coin-op way, please do not let me falter and fall into the pot of boiling water and lose you those precious bonus credits - these are people that have the Most Fascinating Life Stories Ever, and the best anyone can ever do is sit and guzzle and empathize and extrapolate.

Also penny slots make you look busy, and busy = cocktails. Classy is fuck*ng boring. I challenge Iron Chef Italian, and the theme ingredient is Backyard Wrestling DVD 2-packs.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2003, 03:03:24 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I challenge Iron Chef Italian, and the theme ingredient is Backyard Wrestling DVD 2-packs.


Zartan, will you marry me?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2003, 07:06:03 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I challenge Iron Chef Italian, and the theme ingredient is Backyard Wrestling DVD 2-packs.


Zartan, will you marry me?


YOU DON'T WANT NONE OF THIS

You don't understand. I am a weak man. Every time I go to Best Buy I pick these fuck*ng DVDs up and examine them as though I intend to purchase them.  I like wrestling and I dislike teenagers and my enjoyment of a multimedia presentation of teenagers getting spectacularly injured seems a Foregone Conclusion. But I will not give them my money; they will blow it on fuzzy black light posters and Insane Clown Posse concert tickets.

So in conclusion meet me at 11:30 PM and bring a ladder and sturdy shoes.

EDIT: I had originally misspelled "multimedia" as "mulitmedia" which is also, phonetically, correct.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2003, 08:08:59 pm »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000DIJOW/



edit: side-scrolling rar! no! no! amazon links always have too much crap in them.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
National Lampoon's Choop Vacation
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2003, 08:18:59 pm »

Ric Flair lives in my city.  I see him at hockey games sometimes.  He howls when then home team scores a goal.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up