Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I graduated from school.  (Read 2608 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
I graduated from school.
« on: May 20, 2009, 03:22:48 pm »

Technically, now I am a doctor.  But that fact doesn't really give me no satisfaction at all.  Probably because I feel that it was a store-bought challenge and not something I felt honestly compelled to do.

Maybe I will feel more satisfaction after I get that money.  Anyway today I'm gonna have a day of excess.  Dad bought me a bottle of Lagavulin 16 year, and I'm gonna have some pork at The Smoke House.  Zagat rated #1 in like 2009 and 2008, whatttt.
Logged
ACHIEVE

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 03:26:24 pm »

Were you dishonestly compelled?

Congrats!
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 03:27:17 pm »

What sort of doctor? Should I be bugging you to join the professional association for radiologists at which I work?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 03:47:45 pm »

regardless of the answer to the first question

What sort of doctor?

the answer to the second

Should I be bugging you to join the professional association for radiologists at which I work?

is no.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 04:05:09 pm »

Does this mean we'll see you here more, or less?

Congratulations on the completion of a very long term project!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 04:51:52 pm »

Look on the bright side. Now you can say all the time "Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a..."

Does he ever say that in the new movie?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 06:08:15 pm »

congratulations!

and yes wombat, I believe he does say that line.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 06:55:21 pm »

Look on the bright side. Now you can say all the time "Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a..."

Does he ever say that in the new movie?

I think it's "Dammit Spock" but otherwise yes.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 08:33:05 pm »

I'm a PharmD.  I didn't put very much effort into this semester of school so... it shouldn't effect my posting habits.  But since I've posted now three times today, that probably will.  You know, it's like object in motion stays in motion.  Also Onstand was making me bored so I resubbed to the fanflow, so now I'll probably think of the board more often as well.

Hmm, it's getting late, I'd better start tasting my whiskeys, na mean?
Logged
ACHIEVE

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 08:34:26 pm »

Technically, now I am a doctor.  But that fact doesn't really give me no satisfaction at all.  Probably because I feel that it was a store-bought challenge and not something I felt honestly compelled to do.

Maybe I will feel more satisfaction after I get that money.  Anyway today I'm gonna have a day of excess.  Dad bought me a bottle of Lagavulin 16 year, and I'm gonna have some pork at The Smoke House.  Zagat rated #1 in like 2009 and 2008, whatttt.

After achieving an advanced degree in the study and practice of improving human health, he celebrates with toxic chemicals and unhealthy meats.

(but seriously, congrats)
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 12:37:35 am »

Congrats. This serves as a gentle reminder to me that my life so far has amounted to little, and I need figure out what I'm going to do with it. On the bright side of things, Mirror Pond Pale Ale is now available in Utah.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 01:54:28 am »

After achieving an advanced degree in the study and practice of improving human health, he celebrates with toxic chemicals and unhealthy meats.


Education.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 04:08:48 am »

Congrats man, but don't tell me this:

But that fact doesn't really give me no satisfaction at all.

I got my first exam in like 2 weeks, I need to keep some optimism all up in this space.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 04:32:08 am »

If I was a doctor, I would be one of those doctors who corrects people who called me "Mr."

And I would constantly be using my job to impress women. I would become a doctor just for that reason.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: I graduated from school.
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 08:29:11 am »

If you do that, you're just opening yourself up to being one-upped by surgeons who correct people who call them "Dr".

Although I guess that's probably a UK thing, so perhaps not.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up