Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!  (Read 6021 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« on: May 22, 2009, 01:45:39 pm »

Shit will ambulate downwardly.

Oh my God, look at Ray's thighs.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:54:43 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 02:00:25 pm »

Ray's right about Clint Howard.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 02:55:03 pm »

I like to think that LN hasn't actually been dead for a year in in-strip time, he was just already mad skipping when he got killed.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 03:38:29 pm »

I had a roommate with a '91 323.  It was a flimsy piece of crap.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 03:46:23 pm »

I would like to know the story of the truant officer's horrible marriage.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 06:27:54 pm »

I like the My Side of the Mountain reference. YES.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 06:58:39 pm »

I don't really know how all this works even in Achewood.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 07:25:57 pm »

I don't really know care how all this works even in Achewood.

FTFY

A wizard did it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 03:54:28 am »

My dad has a '93 626. And he went to Princeton (for one single semester semester). Oh, wait, I just remembered that he got rid of it like a month ago. But still.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 11:09:32 am »

God, of course Ray has a storage unit full of unused high-end camping gear.  It's so obvious.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 04:56:24 am »

I have begun to read Walden. I am reading it on the internet, as I could not find a copy at my local bookstore. I thought about asking an employee where I could find it, but that seemed to run counter to the message of the book?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 05:41:31 am »

Wasn't the message of Walden that if you're rich and/or famous, you can go chill out and have picnics at your summer house, pretend that you're roughing it in the woods and being all deep, and no one will call you on it? Or am I confusing it with something else?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 09:21:20 pm »

I have been more and more glad over time that my initial reaction to Walden in 11th grade was "Why are we supposed to be impressed that a rich dude lived in a house in a park for a while?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 03:18:50 pm »

You are both absolutely right. Though if I were rich I'd chill in the woods for extended periods of time, I just wouldn't tell everybody about it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2009 - I KNOW PEOPLE, CHARLEY! I CAN MAKE CALLS!
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 03:30:13 pm »

It occurs to me that perhaps Thoreau was the progenitor of a whole genre of 21st century nonfiction - that one where someone goes and has some everyday experience for an extended period of time for the express purpose of writing a book about it - the guy who read the whole encyclopedia, the guy who lived on fast food, the woman who lived on only as much money as you make on minimum wage...  The whole point is not living it so much as telling someone about it.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up