Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord  (Read 2878 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
« on: May 27, 2009, 01:24:35 pm »

It's been a while since the last Mexican Magical Realism adventure. I sense in our future several strips where Ray just sees weird things and/or explores with no specific jokes or plot development. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Heck, I read all of Rice Boy.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05262009
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:30:48 pm »

I kinda miss that type of thing. Like all out of the blue there would be a strip with nothing but drunk *****s celebrating on a pickup truck and going WOOOHOOOOOO on the road at night and that would be all.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:12:50 pm »

In my head in the third last panel Cheech Marin's face does a wavy fade in and he whispered 'Hencho en Mexico' in a threatening and ludicrously thick version of what I believe to be a mexican accent.
Not young Cheech Marin either, not even 80s Cheech Marin. Modern day balding Cheech is being the creepy mexican voice over in my fantasy.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 03:24:41 pm »

Though completely ineffective in their childish grandstanding, The Zero Sum Freedom League makes some good points.

A night in their garbage cages could probably do the idle rich some good.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 06:01:26 pm »

The only thing better than Ray in 1679 Wales?  Ray in 1679 Wales wearing a Nagel serape.  Yes.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 08:12:28 pm »

I did not realize until you said that that Ray was going to Wales. I thought he was going to the woods.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 09:18:36 pm »

Heck, I read all of Rice Boy.

I'm really enjoying this. Thanks for the tip.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 10:19:22 pm »

I did not realize until you said that that Ray was going to Wales. I thought he was going to the woods.

I don't know where he's going.  I made an ass out of you and umption.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 10:20:50 pm »

I'm pretty chill about this, but umption is fuck*ng pissed.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up