Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery  (Read 9416 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

herofix

  • Guest
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 12:46:44 pm »

Hm.

The comedy stereotypes I'D heard of for sheep fuck*ng was... the Greeks and New Zealanders.

So, like, Balki Bartokamous, Pappa Papadopolis and Peter Jackson three-teaming a sheep would make perfect comic sense to me. But Welsh?

I dunno. Maybe it's just my particular cultural background but, if the Welsh were considered separate of general British stereotypes at all, they MIGHT be stereotyped as... thrifty and incomprehensible? Sort of a Scottish stereotype, mostly, but sort of hazier, sort of half in the shadows of a campfire?

No, it is a comedy stereotype of the Welsh that they like to shag sheep.  I wouldn't lie to you about this.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 01:19:10 pm »

No, it is a comedy stereotype of the Welsh that they like to shag sheep.  I wouldn't lie to you about this.

The only Welsh stereotype I'd ever heard is that they're supposed to be so stupid that they think cheese toast is actually rabbit.

Of course 100% of my knowledge of the Welsh comes from that one episode of Good Eats and The Dark Is Rising books that I read in 5th grade.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 01:30:39 pm »

The Welsh, like their southern cousins the Kiwis, are well known for shagging sheep.

I can't say I've ever heard the same stereotype about the Greeks, though.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

jlk7e

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 04:01:34 pm »

I must note here the historical inaccuracy that there was no such thing as "County Gwynedd" in 1676.  The current county of Gwynedd was then divided into the separate counties of Caernarvonshire, Anglesey, and Merionethshire.  "Gwynedd" was, in 1676, only the name of a long extinct Welsh kingdom of the middle ages.

Yes, I am a pedant.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 04:02:33 pm »

Greek shepherds perhaps.  AFAIK, the Greeks are mostly infamous for buggery.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 04:21:59 pm »

This entire comic was an excuse to use the phrase "Sandmaster Flash."
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 05:35:29 pm »

I just have to add that the sheep?

It is a sheep in Hungry Like the Wolf's clothing.
Logged

milhouse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 05:38:05 pm »

I just have to add that the sheep?

It is a sheep in Hungry Like the Wolf's clothing.

Canned for LOL
Logged
Three mute birds, walking in procession,

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 05:47:57 pm »

Quote

Of course 100% of my knowledge of the Welsh comes from that one episode of Good Eats and The Dark Is Rising books that I read in 5th grade.

SOW, I keep seeing well-dressed frenchmen on the metro reading fantasy novels I read in middle school.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 05:58:08 pm »

Hm.

The comedy stereotypes I'D heard of for sheep fuck*ng was... the Greeks and New Zealanders.

So, like, Balki Bartokamous, Pappa Papadopolis and Peter Jackson three-teaming a sheep would make perfect comic sense to me. But Welsh?

I dunno. Maybe it's just my particular cultural background but, if the Welsh were considered separate of general British stereotypes at all, they MIGHT be stereotyped as... thrifty and incomprehensible? Sort of a Scottish stereotype, mostly, but sort of hazier, sort of half in the shadows of a campfire?

there is a county in my state(perry county) where there are rednecks a-plenty and the garages are 2-3 times bigger and more well-maintained than the filthy broken down trailers they live in.  a common joke is: Perry county: where the men are men and the sheep are scared.  ive also heard the same joke applied to people from idaho and wyoming.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 06:13:16 pm »

SOW, I keep seeing well-dressed frenchmen on the metro reading fantasy novels I read in middle school.

And which novels would those be?
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 07:34:39 pm »

The only Welsh stereotype I'd ever heard is that they're supposed to be so stupid that they think cheese toast is actually rabbit.

Welsh rabbit isn't a "Welsh are stupid" stereotype, it's a "Welsh are poor" stereotype - rabbit is the meat you eat when you can't afford to do better than catch vermin, and Welsh rabbit is what you eat when you can't afford vermin.

The Welsh are sheep-fuck*ng poorer-than-dirt leek-loving coal miners. Basically transpose American West Virginia stereotypes and add leeks.

It is an outdated stereotype that the Welsh are also a race of warlocks, but one which I choose to propagate as much as possible.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 07:39:29 pm »

Welsh rabbit isn't a "Welsh are stupid" stereotype, it's a "Welsh are poor" stereotype - rabbit is the meat you eat when you can't afford to do better than catch vermin, and Welsh rabbit is what you eat when you can't afford vermin.

I have heard this theory.  I have also heard that it's because the Welsh are really bad hunters.  So when the Welsh man went out to shoot some dinner and came back empty handed, the Welsh woman came up with cheese sauce on toast.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

herofix

  • Guest
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 08:15:56 pm »

I must note here the historical inaccuracy that there was no such thing as "County Gwynedd" in 1676.  The current county of Gwynedd was then divided into the separate counties of Caernarvonshire, Anglesey, and Merionethshire.  "Gwynedd" was, in 1676, only the name of a long extinct Welsh kingdom of the middle ages.

Yes, I am a pedant.

Canned for pedantry.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 09:44:11 pm »

Quote
And which novels would those be?

So far: David Eddings (i checked right before I graduated and only one person had checked this book out from the school library since I did in 1999), Robert Jordan.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up