Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery  (Read 9412 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2009, 09:47:20 pm »

Afterlife Past and "Real" Past probably have a lot of discrepencies like that going on.

Probably there was an extra fee to change over the political designations and they were like... ah... we're fine, thanks.

Kind of the reverse of magical realism, you know, realistic magic, where there are large and great mystic things like compartmentalized heaven and so forth but a lot of the majesty of the whole thing gets whittled away by zoning laws and paperwork.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 03:35:49 pm »

So then the trouble for Ray is that a sheep is not a cat?  But in this world, cats mix freely with alive stuffed bears and tigers and otters.  So your postulate ---{shut the hell up, DICK}---.  Oh yeah, sorry.

On another note, I was joking today to friends who like the Decemberists (I am tepid) that I'll only really be impressed if they made an album based on the current Achewood storyline.  I even mocked up a couplet based on the last frame to get the thesaurus-happy party started:

"How you have spurned my poncho charity / Dally with beasts and draw my asperity"

I'm aware that this is dangerously close to fanfic, so am putting down the tongs and backing away now.

Simplify using words once spoken by a sheep: Four legs good, two legs bad.

Four legged animals stay together with four legged animals, and once that walk on two legs, like scottish folds and bears and otters, stick with their own.
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 06:57:05 pm »


Four legged animals stay together with four legged animals, and once that walk on two legs, like scottish folds and bears and otters, stick with their own.


Who will love those with only a third leg, like the great Ice Cube?
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 09:26:36 am »

Robert Jordan.

Was he miserable?  If not he will be soon.

Also: I like how Ray relates to the world by simply superimposing his will on it.  Solipsism is truly its own reward.

Also: "Help ye push it along?  It's not far, is it?"
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-06-10 Advanced pleasure machinery
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 02:24:05 pm »

Robert Jordan.

Was he miserable?  If not he will be soon.

No shit.  I read about five of those before I wised up.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up