The alt-text implies that a staple of romance novels is names that are more interesting than the plot. Is this a real thing? I have never read a romance novel.
When I say "I have never read a romance novel", I do not say that as a boast, in the manner of a person who says he has never had a cavity. I would never do that. Just today, I came across a commenter on an internet thread who wrote a whole paragraph patting himself on the back for knowing Watchmen inside and out, and then in the same breath proudly declared that he was completely ignorant about Transformers. That kind of thing disgusts me. For a long time I have known the importance of open-mindedness when dealing with fandoms of which you are not a part. I mean, I post on a forum about cartoon cats, so who am I to judge, you know.
Also, I am very intrigued about the possibility that I have read a romance novel, but I just didn't know it because it was couched in some other genre. I'd actually be pretty psyched if I examined my library and found that some book I love actually adheres to the conventions of some genre with which I have no experience.
ADDENDUM: The phrase "bromance novel" just popped into my head. This phrase accurately describes a story I am writing.