Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009  (Read 4935 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:43:23 am »

When nothing more than a XXXXXXX film remained.

I can't help but wonder what Mr. Bear deleted.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 01:47:30 am »

Man i hope he is telling the truth about the wealthy women.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 01:52:30 am »

When nothing more than a XXXXXXX film remained.

I can't help but wonder what Mr. Bear deleted.

I'm trying to figure that out, too.

I really hope nubbin-crazer doesn't catch on, though.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:03:15 am »

Panel 5 made me cringe three and a half times.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 02:30:44 am »

I don't like "nubbin-crazer" either.

How about "puttin' the sheen on the bean"?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 05:42:59 pm »

I don't like "nubbin-crazer" either.

How about "puttin' the sheen on the bean"?

"Using the penis on the ol' Thinkpad"
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 07:50:18 pm »

What the hell are steam-fries? The very concept is kind of making me mad.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 01:35:30 am »

I imagine that they are soggy. Very soggy.

"Using the penis on the ol' Thinkpad"

This.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 04:45:09 am »

I love how often Ray uses phrases like "open secret."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 05:33:41 am »

There are many open secrets in the world. Like the FREEMASONS. Or the MAFIA. Or ORGIES.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 05:59:21 am »

Or that the History Channel basically no longer is about history but rather about ahistorical conspiracy theories and aliens and such.

While, at the same time, the SciFi Channel is changing its name so that it no longer has to be about ahistorical conspiracy theories and aliens and such.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 11:16:51 pm »

I always assumed History Channel would just eventually turn into the WWII Channel. It would probably be better than all these damn ghost hunting shows.

Wasn't the running joke that the "H" in their logo stood for "Hitler"?

Yeah, pretty much. Take a drink every time the name's mentioned. Maybe there's a new show in the works where they hunt Hitler's ghost.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 02:16:04 am by nDed »
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 01:06:54 am »

Wasn't the running joke that the "H" in their logo stood for "Hitler"?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 04:28:21 am »

I dunno.

All I can tell you is that, at least this weekend, the H stands for... histrionics about lameass conspiracy theories from Dan Brown novels and Nichols Cage movies.

I mean, call me a jaded conspiracy buff but dudes sitting around, tracing out Masonic symbols on maps of D.C. is just... it's just 101-level coursework, man.

It's like an internet porn addict trying to get something out of a tastefully airbrushed Playboy centrefold, man.

No... people claiming to be a reincarnated victim of the Philadephia Experiment? No mistranslated Hopi end-times prophecy? Not even A LITTLE moon-landing denial?

I mean, come on. At least a LITTLE moon-landing denial. C'mon.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: It's like wisdom, but seperate. July 2, 2009
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 04:50:45 am »

And don't forget THE TEDDY BEAR PICNIC. #opensecrets
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up