Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"  (Read 3041 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« on: July 06, 2009, 07:16:31 pm »

Best line really is "Just... write down exactly what happened at that mansion" but only in context of the strip.

Even though I've never watched anyone write erotica, I can somehow totally relate to Ray's sense of urgency here.

Edited to add Link to Strip:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07062009
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:09:26 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 07:43:18 pm »

I like how Cornelius writes a blog, has a FB account, and used to do the CC for Spice live, but still writes his novels on a typewriter.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 07:51:30 pm »

Girls: do girls truly like a boy who eats cheese? I need to know. Thank you.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 07:52:25 pm »

A typewriter has certain productivity benefits.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 08:00:48 pm »

Also: ladies: please supply a phrase that means the same as "a hot nut on loan from Hell", but for ladies instead of fellows. Also thank you.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 09:16:23 pm »

Girls: do girls truly like a boy who eats cheese? I need to know. Thank you.
The last hipster thing I was at in brooklyn involved a cheese tasting and chicks dug it when I knew the names of the cheese.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 09:32:13 pm »

I don't feel I need a man to know the names of cheese for me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 09:33:06 pm »

I don't feel I need a man to know the names of cheese for me.
Idk, I guess its like wine, people seem to be impressed when a person knows about wine.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 10:27:02 pm »

Some technician at Wikipedia is probably wondering why the page for Manchego cheese has seen a 25,000% jump in traffic
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 05:04:05 am »

Do we not do the link to the strip thing anymore?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 05:10:39 am »

Do we not do the link to the strip thing anymore?

I was going to say "You could just fix it your ownself", but while I was posting this you did.  Just goes to show you that it doesn't pay to get snarky with Paul.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 05:15:59 am »

Do we not do the link to the strip thing anymore?

Oops. We do. I just forgot.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 06 July 2009 "...a hot nut on loan from hell!"
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 05:23:21 am »

I am glad that "girls like a boy who eats cheese" has come back.

I have always liked that concept.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up