Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Palin Resigns  (Read 7654 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Palin Resigns
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 05:29:16 pm »

I'm not sure I've ever had a proper chicago dog, but I am definitely down with tomatoes on a hot dog.  So those peppers are hot.  I thought they were those mild salad peppers.

Ok, I looked up sport peppers.  Apparently they are Tabasco peppers which are pretty damn hot.  I have some in my refrigerator now.  Down here in the south we call it pepper sauce and put the sauce on beans and such.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:32:33 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Palin Resigns
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 05:37:12 pm »

if your chicago dog ain't spicy as all hell, it ain't a chicago dog. the real trick to it though is the celery salt - everybody outside chicago always forgets it when they try to make a dog chicago style.

my favorite hot dog topping combo: roma tomato wedges, barbecue sauce, brown mustard.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Palin Resigns
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 06:23:07 pm »

if your chicago dog ain't spicy as all hell, it ain't a chicago dog. the real trick to it though is the celery salt - everybody outside chicago always forgets it when they try to make a dog chicago style.


Agreed.  Celery salt makes that ineffable little difference.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Palin Resigns
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 07:00:38 pm »

OK, I can dig the food cart aversion. I have had some hella funky food cart experiences my ownself.

Hot dog sauce...looks like chili for people who don't want to make chili. Actually, I'm pretty sure the what the wonderful city of Cincinnati calls chili is actually hot dog sauce. If you know what you're expecting it's pretty good stuff.

The Boy and a friend had a recent experiment in which they wrapped hot dogs in bacon*. They came off pretty delicious, especially after melting some pepper jack in with 'em.

*Easy Bobby, the kid is a rookie.

Agreed. Since moving to VA we've found that the Cincinnati-style chili from Hard Times is the closest approximation to hot dog sauce that we can find locally. Mainly because it has no beans and partly because of the cinnamon etc. For a while every time we went back to PA we'd buy quarts of sauce and freeze it. But most of the places that actually made the sauces have been driven out of business by a combination of chain restaurants and kids who don't want to carry on the family business.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Palin Resigns
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 11:42:14 pm »

Canada [...] gravy

Poutine! True story, which may be embellished: A few years ago my girlfriend and I went up to Vancouver. My cousin lived in Bellingham at the time so we invited him. He was excited to go and said "we should get some poutine!" I was like, dude my girlfriend's gonna be there.

Quote
I like places that don't donny-fart around on the gravy front.

I like that you said "donny-fart."

As far as hot dogs go, there's a decent place in the area that recently starting serving slaw dogs, which I love. I'm deciding whether to upgrade to the slaw chili dog. I've yet to try the chili there.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Palin Resigns
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 12:10:54 am »

It's not every day that the word 'ineffable' is used in a conversation about hot dogs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Palin Resigns
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 01:13:07 am »

It's not every day that the word 'ineffable' is used in a conversation about hot dogs.

One does what one can to maintain a wide, varied and surreal lexicon.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Palin Resigns
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 01:28:58 pm »

You can get a DC half-smoke at the ballpark, you know.  Stop by the Ben's Chili Bowl stand, get one with chili, mustard, and onions.  Pack extra-strength Tums.  There's a stand at Eastern Market that has good ones, too.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Palin Resigns
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 06:56:30 pm »

I'm surprised no one has linked to this.

Also, tonight Chicago style hotdogs!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Palin Resigns
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 07:46:19 pm »

I have eaten a half smoke at bens chili bowl. Yummy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Palin Resigns
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2009, 10:53:58 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up