Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: play the trophy wife for the Veblenian maze-rat she is (07/08/09)  (Read 2201 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com

I'm not sure what that means!

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07082009

Cornelius is skilled.  Also, I enjoyed Ray's riddle.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: play the trophy wife for the Veblenian maze-rat she is (07/08/09)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:36:53 pm »

Ray likes that stuff.

Man, I hope W-S sells those Riedel glasses or Corny's going to have some editing to do.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: play the trophy wife for the Veblenian maze-rat she is (07/08/09)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 09:39:07 pm »

At first I was all meh over this thing, but the letter of the W-S founder and subsequent shenanigans won me over. Still... needs more ro-bots. Things usually benefit greatly from the addition of ro-bots.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: play the trophy wife for the Veblenian maze-rat she is (07/08/09)
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 09:51:02 pm »

The cat and the alive stuffed bear are turning the Williams and Sonoma catalog into a erotic, food-themed version of the J. Peterman catalog.  It's like they are reading my nightmare journal.  Well, "nightmare" might be an exaggeration. More like "slightly upsetting dreams after eating too much sopressa while watching 'Weeds' re-runs before bed" journal.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: play the trophy wife for the Veblenian maze-rat she is (07/08/09)
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 02:23:57 am »

For God's sake, I know I've heard the name "Ronnie DiFaduzzio" somewhere but... I can't think of it.

A sports figure?

It's an obscure reference to SOMETHING.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: play the trophy wife for the Veblenian maze-rat she is (07/08/09)
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 02:51:33 am »

Chris Onstad is the funniest man writing today.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: play the trophy wife for the Veblenian maze-rat she is (07/08/09)
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 03:17:42 am »

"I've seen better lettering on necks."  This is going into my lexicon immediately.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: play the trophy wife for the Veblenian maze-rat she is (07/08/09)
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 05:57:06 am »

That letter is beautiful.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up