Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greats from the Past  (Read 1830 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cioran

  • Guest
Greats from the Past
« on: July 20, 2009, 02:43:35 pm »

I invite you to review the strips of February, 2007. It was a stellar month.

Start here:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02022007
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Greats from the Past
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:51:55 pm »

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Greats from the Past
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 03:29:03 pm »

We could use more of those 3-panel strips these days.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Greats from the Past
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 03:37:31 pm »

I'm currently re-reading the whole thing from the beginning. Because I'm bored at work and I don't remember much about the past 2 years or so worth of strips, having only read them once.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Greats from the Past
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 09:06:07 pm »

February was indeed a stellar month.  I laughed heartily at some of those.  And the Tostata one is one of my all time favorites.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Greats from the Past
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 10:59:19 pm »

Cioran, nothing you say will ever top
Quote
Night is when the creatures of the Underground (cf. Underground Railroad*) emerge to assert their fundamental blackness; an Underground Railroad cum Hershey Highway, as it were. Day is for 2000 Flushes parties in the cold, unforgiving glare of a porcelain institution; but the freaks come out at night.

Maybe it is just my recent immersion in ridiculous vernacular/academic language juxtapositions, but I love this segment.

Mostly just "THE FREAKS COME OUT AT NIGHT."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Cioran

  • Guest
Re: Greats from the Past
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 11:00:27 pm »

I never said that.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up