Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Fun w/ Excel  (Read 11016 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Fun w/ Excel
« on: July 21, 2009, 08:05:56 pm »


« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:34:53 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:36:11 pm »

Yikes. If I may quote an old friend: Post, damn you! Post!
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:51:40 pm »

Hey, though, don't worry about that first column. I've never started a topic and I'm among the most valued members of this community!

Right?

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:19:21 pm »

I was looking at the stats, and... there are 919 members? And there was once a time when 277 party people were online at once?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 12:00:42 am »

I prefer not to post very often.

However, I do enjoy coming here regularly to see what the 7 of you think about varied things.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 12:18:38 am »

Eh, what are you gonna do?

This place is like a old neighborhood bar that the locals have been coming to for a century.  We regulars aren't going anyplace.

Once in a while somebody wanders in off the street and we either run 'em off or they stick around for some reason.  Once or twice a year we get a new regular or at least semi-regular.  Plus we get cool drop-ins and freaky trolls.

What sucks is losing regulars.

I was looking through old threads today -- just jumped to a random date (in 2004 as it turned out).  There's a lot of regulars I terribly miss.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 12:33:31 am »

It's quality not volume that counts though, right?

Right.

I have no problem with the reduced numbers. As long as they're tied to quality members and posts, anyway. Although I too harbor the fear that members will drop off, one by one, until whoever remains just throws in the towel.

Of course, we're all part of each other's online entertainment. I think that we tend to rely on others to do the posting, and refrain from doing so ourselves out of fear of not matching up to the general level of excellence or simply out of laziness. More the first thing than the second thing in my case, anyway. But some of the second thing, too.

I was looking through old threads today -- just jumped to a random date (in 2004 as it turned out).  There's a lot of regulars I terribly miss.

Word
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 12:37:30 am »

I'd post more frequently to keep the place more lively but I'm terribly concerned about sustaining a good post:can ratio.

I suppose I could start a sockpuppet account and kill two internet-birds with one internet-stone.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 01:08:29 am »

Sometimes I'll want to talk about something, but I don't know if it's worth making a topic, and I can't fit it into an existing topic?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 01:16:59 am »

Ah well, we had a good run.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 01:25:38 am »

I ain't going anywhere.


Fuck guys, post more instead of less. You just start a topic or suffer a poor post:can ration like you see fit and the Good Lord will provide.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 01:38:33 am »

Dammit people, enough of this negative talk. If nothing else I need to find out what the next rank is. Philippe has been standing on it for like 3,000 posts now.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 01:43:03 am »

Sometimes I'll want to talk about something, but I don't know if it's worth making a topic, and I can't fit it into an existing topic?

There's no extra charge for starting a topic.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 01:54:49 am »

There's no extra charge for starting a topic.

Wait, what? I'm sitting here in my home-made Russian fur hat and my whole world is changing. This board really needs a beginner's pack.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fun w/ Excel
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 02:03:33 am »

Quote
refrain from doing so ourselves out of fear of not matching up to the general level of excellence

Oh shit, is that why I post so much?

Crap.

Wait, so, should i post more about my stupid inane personal life, or less?

I like the concept of Sock Puppet, because it kind of (to me, at least) implies "there's the real IMTEHGREATESTLOL949, and then there's the fake one."

Do you want me to make a post about how Axl Rose is representative of the evils of capitalism, because he is so prescriptivist about language, and also there should be gun control?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up