Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009  (Read 4309 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

Huh.  I guess Eco does get a little drawn out sometimes.  Baudolino took me a long time and I gave up on Queen Loana.  Love the rest of it though.

T wants to be the founder of the trendy overpriced kitchen goods retailer.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 01:38:44 am »

I hate it when someone gets all Mr. Thinky up in my jam. It happens at least once a day.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 01:49:04 am »

When I first loaded the strip I saw panel 6 and thought Teodor was doing his awesome dance move again.

For some reason I thought the word was "prudier"
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 01:55:57 am »

We should try writing under those conditions.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 02:05:43 am »

I'm afraid I'm usually the one who's always getting all Ms Thinky on people. I'm sorry. Sometimes they thank me, though, really.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 11:38:26 am »

omg, totally called it.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 02:29:50 pm »

Cornelius, meanwhile, has offered to stand in for Chuck Williams as a way of teaching Raymond a very valuable lesson regarding the difficulty of creating truly stimulating lesbo erotica.

In the matchup of Cornelius v. Teodor, the winner will be...the lesbians of Achewood.

I hope this arc provides some awesome gay characters like with the GOF, if only so we can see the hilarious names Onstad gives them.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 04:43:46 am »

Teodor always fails.  Seems like Ray should know this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 08:25:05 am »

Between Ray's boundless optimism and his tendency to accept anyone else's authority in a matter at the merest whiff of proficiency, it is not so odd to think he'd kind of conveniently forget that Teodor's only good at cooking-with-pretense and at falling for women who play the bass guitar in bands-with-pretense.

Moreover, Ray is incredibly lazy and tends to discard concepts if he is not immediately really good at them.

I'm pretty sure that his reasoning centre shorts out when he needs to get a Potential Failure off his hands and instantly goes to any port in a storm.

This plays perfectly into Teodor's worldview wherein if he has read a few books by the right hip people, he thinks he Knows Things.

In this manner, they are even more symbiotic than Beef and Ray are.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 03:03:38 am »

The two men are like separate halves of a single da Vinci.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up