Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: For Onstad-stalkers  (Read 4511 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
For Onstad-stalkers
« on: July 29, 2009, 01:10:27 pm »

His MySpace blog.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=68141876

As is to be expected, his real life is not as fascinating as his art. Maybe if he'd mention the dog.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 10:21:40 pm »

Whathtemyspace?!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 03:02:45 pm »

What's an Onstad and why would we stalk it?
Logged

Cioran

  • Guest
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 06:47:39 pm »

angry samoans
Logged

Cioran

  • Guest
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 11:45:44 pm »

Here is an excellent blog post by the Stad.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=68141876&blogId=503980314

Quote
August 5, 2009 - Wednesday
Facebook phenomenon.
Current mood:  amorous

It's Rick's "big important wedding anniversary" today, so we can't play Wii Golf, even though I finally figured out how to get my Mii data onto my handset so I could bring it to his house. Well, I hope they're having fun, because I'm not.

Wait...I am! I am having a strange kind of fun. Listen.

So, I wrote on Facebook, "Chris Onstad has Zapruder footage of Barack Obama being born in North Korea. Call or text. The Truth must be Known."

Some people got the yuk that I was putting a thin one across the "birther" idea, but some did not. Oh, some did not. Some grade school acquaintances "liked" the comment. I clicked on their profiles. They had recently joined things like IMPEACH OBAMA A LOT STRONG, etc. One of the Ayn Rand quoting people was there, incorrectly liking what I said.

It was fun, in a way, to be misconstrued by the walking insane. It was helpful to be reminded that the walking insane grew up alongside us. It was the kind of fun you have when you outgrow the Wet Banana and are 34. Oh, how fun changes, my children. Oh, how fun becomes less about splashing people and more about morbid curiosity regarding their pathologically seeded, unchecked intellectual vectors.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 12:15:48 am »

That sounds strangely familiar, but not Onstad like. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Cioran

  • Guest
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 01:14:33 am »

I think the man's got a wider range than shows up in the strip.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 01:44:41 am »

It sounds like someone trying to write like Onstad.  But the big hint... wasn't there someone on this board said they have a Facebook contact that posts Ayn Rand quotes everyday? 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 02:37:37 am »

It sounds like someone trying to write like Onstad.  But the big hint... wasn't there someone on this board said they have a Facebook contact that posts Ayn Rand quotes everyday? 

Doesn't everyone have that contact?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 06:23:10 am »

My friend's best friend works for some shitty magazine, and she (my friend) posted an article the girl wrote that literally just said...

a lot of people hate on Ayn Rand, but I think she's really great! I think she's good, you know. I like how she writes. And man, her sex scenes. Let me tell you, I like Ayn Rand a whole bunch.

(aren't all of her sex scenes about, like, "i raped her, and she liked it after a while"? I have heard that.)

Then she got really mad because I responded "this article is horribly written."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 06:44:08 am »

I've only read The Fountainhead and it was over 12 years ago, but I think you're basically right about the sex scenes. Incindentally, someone recently gave me Atlas Shrugged as a gift. I'd feel bad if the next time I see this person I tell her I haven't read it, but it's too fuck*ng long for a courtesy read.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 06:55:57 am »

(aren't all of her sex scenes about, like, "i raped her, and she liked it after a while"? I have heard that.)


I've only read Atlas Shrugged and it was more like 'He raped me and I liked it' which is kind of worse.

But yeah that story did sound oddly familiar, particularly the crazy ex school friend part. Maybe we are one step closer to find out which one of us is really Onstad?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 11:03:12 am »

Doesn't everyone have that contact?
Yep.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 11:10:30 am »

Miles canned for "courtesy read". The concept is appalling but yes, who's the social animal, uh? Who's society's little animaal??
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 06:28:28 pm »

Oh, jeebus.  The courtesy read.  I'm totally guilty of that - to the point where I will avoid a person if they've handed me a book I'm supposed to read until I've "done my homework".  Fortunately I have an off-the-books Minor in bullshitting, so I can usually fake my way through a conversation about a book I've skimmed.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up