Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: For Onstad-stalkers  (Read 4498 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 07:36:28 pm »

Did you bullshit your way through your bullshit bullshit minor?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 08:51:29 pm »

He mentions "No giraffe, Go giraffe!" a restaurant that I can only exuberantly endorse.

Should you come through PDX at any point, you should likely have lunch there.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 10:41:13 pm »

so I can usually fake my way through a conversation about a book I've skimmed.

Change "conversation" to "paper" and that's how I got my degree in philosophy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 11:08:37 pm »

Did you bullshit your way through your bullshit bullshit minor?
Hey!  A little respect for higher education achievements is in order!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 12:08:38 am »

my favorite professor here basically told me that the reason I am so far behind in the reading is that everyone else in the class has already completed their minor in bullshitting, whereas I am still an undergrad.

I only have two settings: actually read everything, or read nothing and fail at bullshitting. This is what I am working on.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 12:44:13 am »

Seriously, who was it said they had a Facebook friend who posted Ayn Rand quotes everyday?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 12:52:06 am »

could it have been smets going off on something he imagined again?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 01:16:55 am »

It was A-Cap, in this thread: http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4989.0.html and also Teodor, in the strip for that thread: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06232009

Search box, dudes.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 04:13:44 am »

I used the search box and couldn't find it.  Thanks and canned!

Ok so that makes sense now.  It was Teodor and by extension Onstad who has a friend posting Ayn Rand quotes.

Or is it?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 05:02:52 am »

If I can ever get my shit done and published, it is one of my dreams to be regarded as "the anti Ayn Rand".

If my life's work could simply cancel out hers, fuck, job well done.

ALSO: I don't know. I imagine a lot of things, I can't keep track of it all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 01:47:52 pm »

If I can ever get my shit done and published, it is one of my dreams to be regarded as "the anti Ayn Rand".

If my life's work could simply cancel out hers, fuck, job well done.

ALSO: I don't know. I imagine a lot of things, I can't keep track of it all.

Today's SMBC is so relevant to this.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 06:27:40 pm »

If I can ever get my shit done and published, it is one of my dreams to be regarded as "the anti Ayn Rand".

If my life's work could simply cancel out hers, fuck, job well done.

ALSO: I don't know. I imagine a lot of things, I can't keep track of it all.
So your life long ambition is to troll ayn rand fans?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 12:47:52 am »

I feel like the anti-ayn-rand would be like... karl marx or j.j. rousseau or someone. you know, who wrote things that are the opposite of her, including making their points without creating fictional worlds.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 01:02:34 am »

I think the anti-ayn rand would be a novelist.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: For Onstad-stalkers
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 01:14:48 am »

I think the anti-ayn rand would be a novelist.

ZING!

That's earned you one objectivist can of good ol' Dr. Pepper.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up