Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Earworms  (Read 21902 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Earworms
« on: July 29, 2009, 01:52:48 pm »

Is this even a worthy topic? I don't know, but I have the first bars of Verdi's Dies Irae on repeat and it is chewing at the shreds of concentration my hangovered self was trying to muster in order to be productive today. It's very disruptive. Puts one in the mind for riding hosss and spearing orcs, not proofreading catalogues of truck parts. Shouldn't have listened to it on my way to work. FUCKER.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 02:09:43 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 02:32:12 pm »

Jesus no - NO!

I thought I wouldn't know your earworms - I thought I would be safe. What's worse than an earworm? Earworms fighting for dominance.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 02:45:32 pm »

oh! hey there, delilah. what's up with you?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 03:03:07 pm »

If I hear the a snippet of Another One Bites the Dust I am screwed for days.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 04:42:51 pm »

I fell asleep to the riff from Pigs(3 different ones) last night.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 05:25:45 pm »

This is a truly evil idea for a thread.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 06:07:07 pm »

It is =(

It's a booby trap of a thread. You open it and "oh god no aaaa" ensues.

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 06:36:21 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 06:41:53 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Earworms
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 07:43:26 pm »

Ash: seconded on keyboard cat song.

But the very worst, the song that pops into my head whenever I walk someplace, and I will never know why:
"amber" by 311.
Just the bassline. Over and over.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 07:52:57 pm »

If I hear the a snippet of Another One Bites the Dust I am screwed for days.

Dude, you can't turn on the fuck*ng radio without hearing this song. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 07:54:28 pm »

I fell asleep to the riff from Pigs(3 different ones) last night.

You could do worse.  That song rocks.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 07:56:08 pm »

This thread ain't so bad.  Requiem is fantastic.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 08:16:11 pm »

How about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfm-17pu6SQ

I loved that song when I was in the 5th grade.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Earworms
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 08:55:21 pm »

What is weid about the 311 thing is that the last time I had heard it before it became a permanent earworm was in 8th or 9th grade. 
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up