Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Earworms  (Read 21925 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 09:29:43 pm »

What is weid about the 311 thing is that the last time I had heard it before it became a permanent earworm was in 8th or 9th grade. 
oh christ get off MY lawn
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 10:17:43 pm »

You could do worse.  That song rocks.
Indeed.  I wasn't complaining.  Just noting my most recent earworm.  It was kind of educational.  I learned who Mary Whitehouse was.  The "house-proud town penis" had nothing to do with the US Gov't.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Earworms
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 10:50:05 pm »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Earworms
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 11:21:18 pm »

Oh thank Jesus I'm not alone.

Morphine makes the Hootie known!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 12:16:58 am »

Oh thank Jesus I'm not alone.

Woo ooo!

Also: I pulled up to a house, about 7 or 8 and I called to the cabbie, "yo homes, smell you later!"
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 03:12:11 am »

I loved that song when I was in the 5th grade.

How about this?

or this?

or this?

this one?

that one?

these guys?

this guy?

this?

this?

or even this?

Imagine!  Music on AM radio.  It was the best of times.  It was the worst of times.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 03:34:44 am »

I have had Louie, Louie and Wolly Bolly in my head for weeks.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Earworms
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 03:55:42 am »

Creedence is more of an eargasm than an earworm.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 06:19:22 am »

"single ladies" by beyonce stuck in my head for about 3 weeks last year. as in, if i wasn't actively listening to something - anything - the chorus and bridge echoed constantly.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 06:38:11 pm »

August, I must admit I have a fondness for all of those songs.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 08:09:50 pm »

August, I must admit I have a fondness for all of those songs.

Great minds think alike, eh?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 04:42:00 am »

Great minds think alike, eh?

Indeed and thanks for the links.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 04:32:57 pm »

Turns out this one is the one that actually stuck in my head.

Most depressing song EVAR.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 04:39:28 pm »

I guess I never really paid too close attention to the lyrics before.  No love, no family, no God.  Dang, he really is alone. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 05:12:00 pm »

Today... it's the Godfather theme.

Because I just finally got around to watching the films, this is my reward.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up