Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Earworms  (Read 21917 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Earworms
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 10:30:21 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPQu98oMPIo

That is my current obsession.

It is both an earworm and an in-joke among some of my friends, which makes it almost inescapable.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 11:08:21 pm »

While Another One Bites the Dust is a strong contender, I find Killer Queen to be the more formidable earworm.

The bass line from Chameleon is my own personal earworm.  This does not mean it is not awesome.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Earworms
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009, 05:30:59 am »

What is weid about the 311 thing is that the last time I had heard it before it became a permanent earworm was in 8th or 9th grade. 

saddest thing about that is, 311 are like the sublimes' intellecually challenged, redneck cousins.  that dude has the most endearingly shitty flow on earth.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Earworms
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 05:35:51 am »

saddest thing about that is, 311 are like the sublimes' intellecually challenged, redneck cousins.  that dude has the most endearingly shitty flow on earth.

and by "the sublimes", i meant sumblime's, or however the grammatically correct way is......
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Earworms
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2009, 06:22:23 am »

This thread can only make me think of the mind-control eels in fuck*ng Wrath of Khan.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Earworms
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 10:26:06 pm »

This thread can only make me think of the mind-control eels in fuck*ng Wrath of Khan.

how about NOW?
Logged

DavidFailkips

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4
  • OH SHI-
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidFailkips
Re: Earworms
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 02:49:37 pm »

Anyone in this thread who will not immediately start screaming and attempting to tear their own skin off when I say the magic words "Let's get freaky now, let's get fuck*ng freaky now." has been fortunate enough to not have suffered from exposure to teenagers (or exposing themself/selves to teenagers) in the past three months.

Whatever the angriest emoticon this forum's software has in its arsenal, insert it here.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Earworms
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 11:11:36 pm »

Anyone in this thread who will not immediately start screaming and attempting to tear their own skin off when I say the magic words "Let's get freaky now, let's get fuck*ng freaky now." has been fortunate enough to not have suffered from exposure to teenagers (or exposing themself/selves to teenagers) in the past three months.

Whatever the angriest emoticon this forum's software has in its arsenal, insert it here.

screamo-crunk is a scourge on mankind that needs to be eradicated.  FAST.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0

you have been warned


also, my current earworm is sour girl-stone temple pilots
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 06:54:44 am »

brokenCYDE needs to get the fuck off of our lawn.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 05:01:51 pm »

Lets get funkin' freaky now indeed.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2009, 11:48:53 am »

Poll: Should I de-friend Mr. Golf on Facebook with extreme prejudice because now I have "We Built this City" stuck in my head, or should I take a deep breath and calm down until I remember what an otherwise admirable person he is?

Really, it is Facebook's fault. When you guys post links in this thread, all I have to do is not click and I'm safe, but a link posted on FB has too much information.

What the world needs is a list of good songs that are earmwormy enough to drive a bad one away.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 12:52:34 am »

almost anything by the beatles?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2009, 12:54:13 am »

That might work, but as I have noted elsewhere, the Beatles give me wickedest craving for sushi, which is inconvenient as well. There is nowhere nearby with decent sushi.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2009, 01:00:08 am »

The Beatles make you crave sushi?  Have you any idea why this is?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2009, 01:07:39 am »

Yes, it's no mystery - at the sushi restaurant where I most frequently go, the owner plays a mix of his favorite Beatles songs over and over, never anything else.

The exception is Beatles songs with sitar, which make me want to go out for Indian.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up