Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Earworms  (Read 21938 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2009, 01:59:37 pm »

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THERE'S NOTHin HALFway ABOUT the iowa way to TREAT you when we TREAT you which we may not do AT allllllllllll


THERE'S AN iowa kind of SPECIal chip-on-the-shoulderrrATTITUde we've NEVEr been without that we REcall


it can bE COLD AS the falling thermometer in december when we ask about the weather in juLY

but we're so BY-GOD STUBborn we could stand touchING NOSES FOR A week and a half and NEVER SEE eye to EYE-eye-eye

but what the HECK, you're welCOME! JOIN us AT the PICnic! YOU CAN have THE fill OF all THE food ya bring yourself

you really ought TO give iOWa a tryyyyyyyyyyyy provided you are con-traryyyyyyy



(my high-school-musical earworm antidote. it only works if you know the music man.)

I see your song and raise you a Gary, Indiana (which was in my head for weeks after Michael Jackson died) and Shipoopi.

Today I heard Flag Pole Sitta which will be in my head for the rest of the day. I've been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding, the cretins cloning and feeding.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2009, 02:53:55 pm »

I see your song and raise you a Gary, Indiana (which was in my head for weeks after Michael Jackson died) and Shipoopi.

Today I heard Flag Pole Sitta which will be in my head for the rest of the day. I've been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding, the cretins cloning and feeding.

Pedro and I did Music Man in high school. We also did Carousel, which was just similar enough that I conflate the two in my head and can't remember which songs went with what. But yeah, Shipoopi is not a song you want to give a bunch of teenagers.

Which one had "This Was A Real Nice Clambake?"
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2009, 03:09:16 pm »

Pedro and I did Music Man in high school. We also did Carousel, which was just similar enough that I conflate the two in my head and can't remember which songs went with what. But yeah, Shipoopi is not a song you want to give a bunch of teenagers.

Which one had "This Was A Real Nice Clambake?"

I don't recall that line, but my memory is for suck. I do remember it took us about at week to turn 76 Trombones into a song about cocks. Then we did Oliver! and it only took about 13 seconds for us to warp Food, Glorious Food (hot sausage and man mustard)
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2009, 04:45:04 pm »

Which one had "This Was A Real Nice Clambake?"

that would be carousel.

my high school did one musical a year: the wiz, the king and i, west side story, the music man. i was in 3.

in college i was in a couple as well: into the woods, ruddigore, can't remember the others (was too high)

who else is a recovering theatre fag? and i use that term in the reclaim-it-from-teh-bullies sense
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2009, 04:59:13 pm »

Pedro minored in theatre. He acted in or worked on fourteen shows during his five years of college.

Cort and Bobby used to be involved in theatre, too.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2009, 05:04:12 pm »

nice, i worked on and/or acted in nine of twelve shows in my four years of college. i'd have done all twelve but for that danged ole social probation.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2009, 05:30:59 pm »

I can't sign at all so I just teched for the musicals (other than a small role in Oliver!). I do remember a live wire coming out of the lighting grid and flopping around backstage during The Fantatiks.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2009, 05:43:37 pm »

Alohadawg is a big theatre dude.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Earworms
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2009, 07:42:05 pm »

I am still working on coining the term "clambake" as the distaff term for "sausage party" and I had hoped that this thread was evidence of my success.

Nertz.

Anyway, I was only in the drama club senior year of high school. I played the boss in "Pajama Game" and was allowed to interpret him as utterly evil and expand the part accordingly as there were so few guys in the drama club, they kinda had to let me be a weirdo. Yeah.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Earworms
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2009, 07:47:36 pm »

I was Officer Krupke in West Side Story.  I developed a gigantic bruise on my arm from being knocked on my ass in rehearsal every day.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Earworms
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2009, 08:15:29 pm »

i was in  'wizard of oz' and 'guys-n-dolls' in HS.  also, a few years ago, i was in a community theater production of 'little women'.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Earworms
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2009, 08:18:22 pm »

Today I heard Flag Pole Sitta which will be in my head for the rest of the day. I've been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding, the cretins cloning and feeding.

Niiice, Jester.  Now I have "Carlotta VALLLLdezzz" ringing through my brain.  Great album, for real.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Earworms
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2009, 08:19:12 pm »

i was in  'wizard of oz' and 'guys-n-dolls' in HS.  also, a few years ago, i was in a community theater production of 'little women'.

Were you Beth, Amy, or Jo?
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2009, 08:54:27 pm »

I was Officer Krupke in West Side Story.  I developed a gigantic bruise on my arm from being knocked on my ass in rehearsal every day.

You should have taken your arm out of your ass.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Earworms
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2009, 09:46:38 pm »

You should have taken your arm out of your ass.

Oh, so canned.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up