Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Earworms  (Read 21931 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2009, 03:22:45 am »


whistling

I dunno, but now I've got "Whistling in the Dark" running through my head.

Fuck.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Earworms
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2009, 03:29:48 am »

My favorite ringtone was the one my ex had set on her phone which was ahhhnold counting reps (I assume it was from an old workout tape?) over "Don't Stop Believing."

Oh man, this shit's compelling. The counting starts at about :37 in. Haven't listened to the other ones yet.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Earworms
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2009, 03:39:59 am »

all my ladyfriends have brick house-the commodores.  all my doods and my brothers have a clip from no jumper cables*-aesop rock




*the remix is way better.  it was on tony hawks underground 2.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2009, 04:11:23 am »

Oh man, this shit's compelling. The counting starts at about :37 in. Haven't listened to the other ones yet.

Oh wow I can't believe you found that. It was actually a ringtone that you ncould buy from the verizon store. I kind of wondered how the royalty structure for that one worked.
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Earworms
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2009, 04:12:49 am »

My current earworm:  "Hello muddah, hello faddah, here I am at, Camp Grenada..."  FML
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2009, 04:21:28 am »

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here...in my arms

Words are so very
Unnecessary
They can only do harm...

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaah kill it kill it kill it

Oh fuck it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diT3FvDHMyo

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Earworms
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2009, 04:22:18 am »

I have a couple very long-term earworms that I unconsciously start humming now and then. Have done for years:


1) Quantum Leap Theme.

2) I am the Resurrection Guitar Solo.

WHY????!

ALL of it?!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2009, 05:28:57 am »

My current ringtone: Deep in the Sand by Budos Band (instrumental funk played by white boys)

My all time earworm: Another One Bites the Dust by Queen. My ex and I would just tap three time and this song would instantly get stuck in the other person's head.
Logged

R2DTrousers

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 53
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2009, 02:39:06 pm »

ALL of it?!

Well... the first 40 seconds or so. My rendition gets kinda hazy after that.

Dewn dewn dudiddlen dew dewwn
Diddlebep bep bep bep bahdiddlew
Dewn dewn dudiddlen dew dewwn
Diddlebep bep bep bep bah diddlew
Bowp bowp biddlow bowp bowp bowp bowwwm
Brrlbahp bap bap bap ba biddleow
Bowww baba boww baba boww bababababap bap bap
Bap babap babap babap babababah bap bahhhh
Biddlah bapbap bapbap bapbap baaaaah
dingydingyding!
etc.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:44:51 pm by R2DTrousers »
Logged
Computer science uses electric machines (computers for example). A computer scientist will need math, science, and know-how to make and use computers.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Earworms
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2009, 08:22:21 pm »

I've probably listened to St. Vincent's The Strangers forty times in the last two days. I even dreamed of it.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Earworms
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2009, 09:34:49 pm »

My favourite ringtone ever:

.- -. ... .-- . .-. / -- . / -. --- .--

i dont speak braille, dude.  what does that say?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2009, 09:40:37 pm »

i dont speak braille, dude.  what does that say?

Hahah, that is Morse, dogg! http://www.onlineconversion.com/morse_code.htm
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Earworms
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2009, 09:44:15 pm »

Hahah, that is Morse, dogg! http://www.onlineconversion.com/morse_code.htm

thanks for dropping the knowledge, but that was a joke.  i forgot to denote it with a wink or whatever.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2009, 09:47:32 pm »

Ahh, yeah. That one went right over my head.

When I lived in Colorado and had a hellish commute, I was listening to cds to try to learn Morse (I have a ham radio license too). I didn't put in the time consistently to learn it, though. Yet I could only recognize a few of the letters Ash typed, so I had to use the converter anyway.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Earworms
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2009, 10:16:34 pm »

I've probably listened to St. Vincent's The Strangers forty times in the last two days. I even dreamed of it.

I really liked that one too. Not as much as The Party from the same album. I don't much care for the rest of it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up