Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Earworms  (Read 21957 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Earworms
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2009, 08:06:21 am »

I really liked that one too. Not as much as The Party from the same album. I don't much care for the rest of it.
Yeah, it's a little spotty. I mean, with an opener like that it's almost kinda unfair. If you're gonna set the bar that high that early in an album you better be ready to follow it up.

Still, the few that are solid are extremely solid.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Earworms
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2010, 05:06:47 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Earworms
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2010, 07:28:34 pm »

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS

apparently one of the guys in this group is Berry Gordy's grandson. How far we've come.

Something about this video makes me think... hyper-real.
And reading the article, wow. Yeah, this is definitely a blending of fantasy and reality.
But I meant more in the way of that artist who made wax sculptures of people that were ultra-realistic and put them in art galleries, and it would be like, a janitor with a bunch of cleaning supplies.
or Chuck Close.

Something about this video feels... high-definition? or something? It is so crisp, there are so many things going on, it doesn't seem to take place in the imaginary world of rap videos. It is in a pool at a hotel and everyone is doing these insane things.

Edited to fix broken url
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:57:54 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2010, 12:17:18 am »

I've probably listened to St. Vincent's The Strangers forty times in the last two days. I even dreamed of it.

Ok, the last page of this thread has made me feel like I tripped and fell into an alternate dimension.  A dimension where everything is the same except all the musical artists are different.

Then suddenly I clicked on this link...and... I heard this song.   I KNOW THIS SONG...  I'm syncing back to reality.  Why does everyone know St. Vincent but me?

How did I miss some cultural primacy?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2010, 06:09:54 am »

What is the ringtone that is just someone whistling? Its from something, kind of eerie... yeah I know real helpful. I had a friend who used it and I have no idea how to find it. It would always make everyone look around for the person that was whistling.

Not exactly timely but do you mean the whistling song from Kill Bill?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2010, 06:22:02 pm »

I think he means this:  Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51V1VMkuyx0
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Earworms
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2010, 06:33:02 pm »

There's a Kanye West version of that as well. 

"And yup, in my bag, a whole bag of porn."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2010, 07:28:35 pm »

Maybe it was the Andy Griffin Theme Song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2011, 02:34:42 am »

Back in the day in this thread I wished for a list of good songs that were earwormy enough to drive the bad ones out.

Well now this has been stuck in my head for days. and I am perfectly happy about it. In fact a couple days when something perfectly awful displaced it, I went and listened to this to get rid of it. It's like a miracle cure!

But now I am worried. Am I eventually going to get sick of this song? Should I try to cure the earworm before the song is ruined forever?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2011, 04:25:22 am »

I have had this song stuck in my head for about a week:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19vApPwWqh8

It is a favorite of mine, but I don't think I have heard it in a while.  Why did this happen?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Earworms
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2011, 04:36:51 am »

I never get earworms anymore. I don't know why. I used to all the time. Maybe I just don't care anymore?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Earworms
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2011, 04:42:39 am »

Hm.

I'm debating starting a youtube account just so I can post songs online and link people to them.

There is this one song that gets stuck in my head every single time I hear it, but I can't find it anywhere linkable.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Earworms
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2011, 09:00:44 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up