I mean, cell phones... I get cell phones for certain people.
Between rolling around at the bottom rung of the entertainment industry drivin' around fetching things and now drivin' the old piss-and-blood van for a large combined portion of my life, I get it, there are lifestyles and occupations where you need that shit in your pocket for business and/or emergencies. Especially now that I spend about half my waking thought process on the white hot fear that my little brother had a seizure in a men's room in the last hour, cracked his head on a urinal and is dying in a puddle of urine, alone and scared in the face of The End... I get it. I get it. For pressing business and emergencies when you're mobile... full-on.
But holy fuck. If you need a GPS, get a GPS. If you need a digital camera, get a digital camera. If you need to send text messages and e-mails to people, wait until you get to your office computer or your home computer and send your little

-faces out. If you need to play music, get a fuck*ng iPod! It's all very easy.
To be able to do all that from one incredibly expensive-to-use device in your pocket, why do you want yet another way for people to track you down and bother you about completely irrelevant shit? If what they had to say was so important that you needed to know it immediately, they wouldn't text you or e-mail you the information... they would CALL you.
ON YOUR CELL PHONE. All I need is yet another crutch for my already criminally divided attentions.