Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roadtrip Math  (Read 2746 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Roadtrip Math
« on: July 29, 2009, 08:46:43 pm »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:34:02 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 09:08:30 pm »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:34:18 pm by Asherdan »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:16:31 pm »

Ash was bitten by a Nebraska as a small child.

Why is Ash sticking his arm into Nebraska? Because of a problem.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:19:39 pm »

Gah.  I'd be dead in a ditch somewhere between Davenport and Des Moines.  Man was not made to pay attention for so long.  At least, this one wasn't.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 12:31:49 am »

You should take the southern route and come through Kentucky.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 01:03:32 am »

I've spent a good deal of time in Nebraska, it's a wonderful place full of gracious people.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:17:10 am »

I have been to Nebraska once for less than a day (it was my destination), it was alright but, the big thing for Nebraska in my book, is that they, surprisingly, have some of the best marijuana laws in the country.  Other surprises?  Ohio and Alaska.

Also, Chimney Rock.  I have wanted to make a wyoming/nebraska oregon trail trip since I moved to colorado.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 01:52:14 pm »

Do you know what the "N" on the University of Nebraska's football helmets stands for?

Knowledge.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 04:22:27 pm »

My mom and stepdad worked for Union Pacific at the headquarters in Omaha for a few years right before they retired.  On my few visits out there, I was left with a couple impressions of Nebraska
  • They grow a lot of corn there.
  • Its hot and humid as hell in the summertime.  This has an amazing effect on you when you try to walk more than a mile.
  • The Missouri river really does look like a chocolate brown superhighway (California "rivers" are more like donkey trails in comparison - even the Sacramento).
  • Holy God, its another cornfield!
  • People don't drive with chains on their tires in the wintertime, and so sliding though intersections and drifting into curbs are accepted and expected events.
  • Fireworks laws are non-existant and detonation of personal nuclear arms is the norm at July 4th.
  • Omaha isn't flat the way you might think - but there's not a whole lot of difference between "flat" and "rolling hills" when it comes to disorienting sameness in all directions.
  • This is especially true when the hills are covered with cornfields.
  • There is an excellent, excellent Strategic Air Command museum just off I80 that Ash would be a fool to miss (the nearby town is Ashland, to make it even more compelling).  They've got a B36 Peacemaker on exhibit ferchrissake!
  • It might be hard to find the museum behind all the corn.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 06:15:30 pm »

The only reasons I commented on Nebraska was to make an Achewood reference

What's the reference.  I didn't get it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 04:53:21 pm »

What's the reference.  I didn't get it.

S'OK, on review I don't either.

the one where ray has a butt clit(hemorrhoid) and he gets the special ointment from dr. a called, "fuck you, hemorrhoid...", or whatever.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 06:21:36 pm »

I hope to go my entire life never knowing what a hemorrhoid is supposed to look or feel like. It will be like a Heffalump, or a Woozle, or a Sineufendo.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip Math
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 11:37:23 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up