Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cat Rackham  (Read 1748 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Cat Rackham
« on: August 05, 2009, 01:55:17 pm »

Jeff Rowland linked to this today.
http://www.catrackham.com/

I'm not sure yet if I like it, but I find the drawing style appealing, and his mind is obviously warped in a way that might suit us here. Especially this one, of the ones I've read so far.
http://www.catrackham.com/?p=28

Also, it looks like it probably updates infrequently!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Rackham
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 02:01:16 pm »

Wow. That did not go to the place I expected. Yikes.
Well, guess I'm reading this as well now.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Rackham
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 02:02:16 pm »

Several cartoonists have linked to that on Twitter (Lore and Ryan North both love it) but the couple I've read haven't clicked with me yet. I'll try to give it more of a shot.

They did get me reading Nedroid the same way, though.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Rackham
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 02:03:36 pm »

Cat Rackham gets depression was more the sort of Jeffery Roland-ish humour that I expected and kind of don't dig except in small doses but then it ends with bugs fuckin'.
Ain't nothing wrong with bugs fuckin'.
Thanks Wombles.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Rackham
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 09:18:50 pm »

This one was my favorite.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Rackham
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 04:05:39 am »

Everyone needs a friend like that.

I married mine.

Yay, heterosexuality.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Cat Rackham
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 11:13:24 am »

pmcd9's strip won me over. I wish I had a duck like that.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:19:57 am by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up