Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009  (Read 2221 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« on: August 07, 2009, 03:48:32 am »

So the depressed cat tumbles out of the absurdly placed door and falls square into the back seat of a triplane piloted by the surreal vaudeville performer who simulates fracturing himself.  The performer, who is apparently some sort of Grand Guignol impressario, asks the depressed cat if he may present a theatrical production of his actual death, which has been foretold by the appearance of a dread apparition in the form of a small animal equally cute and creepy.

Have I got it correct so far?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 03:56:27 am by AugustWest »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 03:51:05 am »

Also.

VIMP
Squicka
Squicka

I sweartagod, Onstad's bucking for the Don Martin Memorial Trophy in Comic Strip Sound Effect Depiction.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 03:51:51 am »

not sure it's going to be a theatrical production of beef's death.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 03:56:45 am »

not sure it's going to be a theatrical production of beef's death.

Agreed, so I fixed for you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 05:34:55 am »

i think i like how DEBT LIQUOR DESPAIR is one section of the 2nd ring, as though the three are always tied together as "debt liquor despair" and none alone or any miscombined do not result in death, but the three in that order directly cause it.

unless he's reading and corrects his mistake. then i LOVE it!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

nailgunpistolwhip

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1
  • The Best Freakin Car
    • View Profile
Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 05:38:04 am »

I was wondering about the meaning of this strip.  Thanatos is the Greek mythological personification of Death in daemonic form.  I suppose his lash must mean that its naturally time for beef to die?
Logged
Any good executive can spot a cokehead.  A great one can make him a Belushi.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 05:40:58 am »

bzzt no roller skate
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 08:59:10 am »

THANATOPSIS
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 12:07:36 pm »

There's so much bullshit going on in this arc, I can't even articulate it, so I'll just choke and gurgle apoplectically: urglurglurgpffffgffb
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 01:36:12 pm »

Dang, he even knows Beef doesn't like his name. He thought of everything.
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 10:15:33 pm »

This whole thing has me wondering again if Onstad plans to hang it up after Beef has died nine times.  A cat gets nine chances in this world.  Would this be three or four, now?
Logged

saniac

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 01:16:01 am »

If, like a Terry Pratchett wizard, I knew the hour of my demise, then apart from getting into massive debt and drinking up the wine cellar, I think I would really enjoy inviting people to my Final Remarks and Expiration. (Beautifully engraved invitations would be paid for on credit, of course).

Although Canetti wrote a whole a play (Die Befristeten) about what happens when people know, or think they know, when they're going to die, and apparently it's not a good thing.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up