Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NFL Fantasy League?  (Read 21629 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
NFL Fantasy League?
« on: August 13, 2009, 04:02:54 am »

Anybody up for an NFL league this year?  I'll Commish (unless somebody else wants to.)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 04:01:42 pm »

Count me in
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:07:53 pm »

Yes.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 06:56:32 pm »

I can play this year.  I decided to limit myself to two leagues this season, then the two leagues I decided to enter decided to merge. 
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:57:31 pm »

yes
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 08:24:21 pm »

sure
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 11:08:51 pm »

OK, that's at least seven.  I'll get it set up tonight and get back to you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 01:45:04 pm »

Proper Attyre For Footballe

League ID: 573108
PW: smuckles

Draft is set for 8/28/09 at 3:30 pm EDT.

Take a look at the settings.  I've added more players and more scoring categories which should lead to a more wide-open game.  More of an AFL experience, if you will.  Take a look and if you hate it, let me know and I'll change it.

Good luck, you rock and roll faggots.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:15:48 pm by AugustWest »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 02:05:32 pm »

(It seems the password is case sensitive, and is not capitalized as AW posted it.)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 02:16:08 pm »

fixed it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 03:29:12 pm »

I am... DA LUV GUN.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 07:57:41 pm »

In keeping with my past theme of team naming, I am the "Hamstrung Deadwood".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 07:29:30 pm »

The lab rats ride again.

Some personal thoughts:

I'm not sure I like the Q/W/R/T combination, since that's going to end up being another QB spot (even with 4 points/passing TD).  The W/R one is one of my favorites, though.  I'm definitely not a fan of having a single defensive player spot, but on the other hand I haven't actually played in a league with one.  I don't think 8 bench slots is enough to cover the number of player slots that are open -- cutting two roster positions or adding another bench slot would be good.

I personally would have made 0-19 misses -2 and 20-29 misses -1, but the way it is now isn't that objectionable.

I like that return yards are counted.  It's a big part of the game and it's nice to see it in FF.  I like counting safeties as more than 2 points since they're so rare, but 2's standard so no real argument there.

Sorry if I'm overthinking this, but I am a game designer. :)
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 09:03:19 pm »

Your input is very welcome.  I tried to think about it a little, but I didn't mull it over much.  While not a game designer, I do think about writing rules a lot which is sort of related.

I had the same concern about the Q/W/R/T combo.  You'll probably never see a T in there.  On the other hand, if we get enough folks playing it'll be at best a second tier Q.  What if I dropped the Q/W/R/T combo, added another Q slot and another W/R slot? Too much?

I'll think about your scoring suggestions.

I'll definitely add another bench slot. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 02:31:12 am »

Just signed up.  We should keep it small we are having 3 qbs per team, which is what we will need.  That is like every QB in the league if we have ten people.

Or just take away one qb?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up