Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NFL Fantasy League?  (Read 21592 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2009, 11:20:15 pm »

I am only somewhat terrible and had I been paying attention early on, I would probably sneak into the playoffs.

So boo to not paying attention!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2009, 04:46:38 am »

I'm officially withdrawing my implied snark over Robert Meachem.  That dude can flat out play.  Don't think its gonna save Lister's bacon though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2009, 05:34:13 pm »

Here is your Proper Attyre For Footballe league preview for week 13.

Two weeks to go in the regular season.  Six teams make the playoffs; the top two get a first-round bye.

Cop Out Malcolm Xs have clinched the #1 overall spot already.  The Venomous Monkeys and DA LUV GUN are tied for second and have effectively clinched playoff spots (technically they need a win this week or a loss by one of the 6-6 teams, but since two of those teams are playing each other this week, there you go).

Then we've got four teams at 6-6 (Thomas Tiger, Banana Town Biplanes, Lister's Lab Rats, and Fightin' Forty-Fours), plus Hamstrung Deadwood just behind at 5-7, fighting for three spots.  Tigers vs. Biplanes this week in a critical match-up; 44s vs. Deadwood is pretty much a must-win for the Deadwood if they want to stay in this.

Sorry, Johnny U's Haircut and NotoriousLincolnNE, but all you can do is play spoiler at this point.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2009, 05:37:37 pm »

My skill at Pretend Football is demonstrated in my doubts over Lister's chances and the subsequent outcome.  Who knew Brady and Moss could flop so badly?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2009, 06:14:18 pm »

My skill at Pretend Football is demonstrated in my doubts over Lister's chances and the subsequent outcome.  Who knew Brady and Moss could flop so badly?
Yeah that was ridiculous. I lost by 4 points.
Team DA LUV GUN is playing Notorious lincoln this week, and if I lose to him Im quitting pretend football forever.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2009, 06:37:40 pm »

Sorry, Johnny U's Haircut but all you can do is play spoiler at this point.

You better believe I'm going to do my best to do just that.  Mwahahahaha!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2009, 06:30:27 am »

I am officially in the "I Want To At Least Get Into The Playoffs" panic mode zone.

Picking up dudes I have never heard of, on the merit of projected score this week.

Yeah. Yeah. If I had only paid attention the first two or three weeks, had that one more "paying attention" win...
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2009, 02:35:23 pm »

Ooh, thanks for the reminder.  Time for the Proper Attyre For Football week 13 review and week 14 preview.

Malcolm Xs squeaked one out over the Monkeys and are looking well nigh unstoppable.  DA LUV GUN held serve against Lincoln, so DA LUV GUN has a leg up for second place and the first-round bye.  The Monkeys need to win and hope for a LUV GUN loss to take away the #2 seed.

The Tigers, Lab Rats, and the 44s all won last week to go to 7-6.  A win for each of them this week clinches a playoff spot; however, the Tigers and Lab Rats play each other.

Deadwood's loss to the 44s knocks them out of playoff contention.  The only other team with a shot at the playoffs is the Banana Town Biplanes at 6-7, so the Biplanes need to defeat the Venomous Monkeys, have one of the 7-6 teams lose AND pass that team in total points (the 44s seem the most likely candidate).  A Biplanes loss this week will clinch playoff spots for all three of the 7-6 teams no matter what they do.

Good luck, everyone.  (Except the 44s.  Go down in flames, you.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2009, 06:08:56 pm »

Quote from: carlosdelvaca
(Except the 44s.  Go down in flames, you.)

I named them after the honour number at Syracuse University. Of COURSE they'll choke!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2009, 04:53:13 am »

Irony: the 44s stayed in the playoffs because the 49ers defense... went Bananas.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2009, 06:48:55 am »

Today was an awesome, awesome day for both RL and pretend football.  Frank Gore and Joe Nedney ponied up the points to put me over Lister's team, and the Niners took another step towards regaining their dominance.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2009, 01:33:27 pm »

I'm just glad I got my third win for the season.  I had wanted to knock somebody out of the playoffs with it, but I guess you can't have everything.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2009, 02:33:24 pm »

Irony: the 44s stayed in the playoffs because the 49ers defense... went Bananas.

Yeah, freakin' ridiculous.  If our fantasy games had ended Sunday night, everything would have been right with the world:  I was winning my game, and the 44s were down 30 or so points in theirs.  I got up this morning, put on SportsCenter, and heard "Seven turnovers by the Cardinals!"  Oh, that can't be good.  I don't quite understand how defensive scoring works in this league, but whatever, that was good for 40 points and it put the 44s ahead, and stuck the Biplanes at #7.

So it goes.  Your first-round playoff match-ups:
(3) Fightin' Forty-Fours vs. (6) Lister's Lab Rats
(4) The Venomous Monkeys vs. (5) Thomas Tiger

Cop Out Malcolm Xs and DA LUV GUN get a week to rest their players.  Good luck everyone.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2009, 12:07:40 am »

I don't quite understand how defensive scoring works in this league, but whatever, that was good for 40 points and it put the 44s ahead, and stuck the Biplanes at #7.
Yeah, no kidding.  The Rams got spanked for 47 freaking points and they still pulled down more fantasy points (21.30) than Miami's defense (19.20) who held Jacksonville to 10.  Algorithm needs work.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL Fantasy League?
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2009, 12:50:39 am »

You know what I think that's from?  Special teams return yards.  The Rams had over 200 yards worth of kickoff returns (what with the Titans scoring a lot, they kicked off repeatedly), if I'm reading the box score correctly.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up