Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!  (Read 3493 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« on: November 27, 2003, 05:00:53 am »

Sappy as it may be, I'm thankful for (among many other things):

-- Achewood and Onstad who creates it;
-- Vodka; and
-- Y'all, because it's a true privilege to be a member of this community.

Peace and Happiness, everybody!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 05:02:54 am »

HOLY CRAP!!! The Midnight post time was purely accidental.

Jinkies.  Like wow, dudes.

Far freaking out.

I gotta go to bed soon because I hafta get up early and grill a turkey in the a.m.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 11:02:35 am »

I want a part to play in this turkey grillin', thankin' givin'. booze saturated day.
I may go into town and buy me a turkey breast, some stuffing and a potato and have my own little Thanksgiving dinner in honour of, well, whatever it is quite that you give thanks for. I'm guessing it's something to do with certain races being genetically weakened to certain diseases. I think the Spanish celebrate something like that too, although with a more Peruvian feel to it. They grill Sloth or something.
And well, I guess I should be celebrating too since well, it was our disease y'all took over there!

Man I need a cigarette!

Happy Thanksgiving all :)

Later on when I'm drunk on fine whiskey, I shall stagger around professing my love for you all.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 04:56:11 pm »

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

I am thankful this year for:

Surviving a terminal illness.

The throngs of students and poetry lovers who fund my ability to eat, lease a dedicated web server, and go out whoring and carousing.

Achewood for making me laugh out loud at least once a week.

All of you for making me laugh even on those other days.

JL Dunston for her undying commitment to being a sexy harsh mistress of this very web board.

The women who have agreed to sleep with me despite their misgivings and fear for their very lives.

HP for refurbishing the laptop I'm ordering tomorrow.

I have other things to be thankful for, too - so much, in fact.  But some things are just too personal to share on a message board, no matter how much I love each and every one of you fabulous bitches.

All the best, and try not to choke on your wife/mother/aunt/grandma/'s dry white meat (although you're all welcome to choke on mine, if you get my meaning).

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 06:18:00 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

All the best, and try not to choke on your wife/mother/aunt/grandma/'s dry white meat.


Cooking turkey:  It's not just for women and sissies.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 06:18:56 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Cooking turkey:  It's not just for women and sissies.


Yeah it is. ;)

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 09:57:23 pm »

I am thankful for the Internet.  Being old enough to remember when it didn't exist and all.  This includes thanking youall for entertaining me so regularly.

I am thankful for capybaras!
http://www.rebsig.com/capybara/capysarr.htm

And most of all I am thankful for having had the nerve to quit my old job.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone but for pete's sake please don't grill any sloths!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 10:30:09 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone but for pete's sake please don't grill any sloths!


Sorry!

:roll:
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2003, 10:49:13 pm »

I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had in my life to live in interesting places, like Hawaii (at the moment).

I'm thankful for my health and the health of my family and especially my four-year-old daughter.

I'm thankful for the 'wood and this board and every last one of you witty saracastic freaky sexy keyboard monkeys who give me a reason to smile every single day, especially the top two freakazoids who keep all three rings of this circus spinning more or less simultanesously and mostly in the same direction.

Thanks for the closest thing to friendship the cyberworld can offer. I wish my more proximate and corporeal friends were as smart and funny and  naked as I picture some of you.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2003, 02:28:46 am »

I'm thankful for a lot of things. There's the 'wood, for one, and for this board; for the fact that I finally broke through my lurker ennui to register and start posting; the fact that I am currently sitting here in my SO's sitting room, typing and listening to a conversation about the Zen of Miracle Whip, realizing that these people may very well be my future in-laws and I'm happy about the possibility; leftover turkey that makes good sandwiches...

It's a beautiful life, my life. I love you all.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2003, 04:23:36 pm »

I'm thankful for tryptophan for giving me the best 4 hours of sleep I've had in months.

I'm thankful for everybody who makes me laugh enough to forget my job a little bit (thanks guys!)

I'm thankful for an old friend who'll spend four hours out of his day just to drive me to see his brother's jazz combo and eat some bbq.

And I'm thankful for my sister who got the house emptied out long enough for me to get my "ashes hauled".
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2003, 04:48:03 pm »

I'm thankful that I survived a nasty case of the flu.

Blech.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up