Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Poll

YOU PICK NOW

John
- 5 (22.7%)
Paul
- 4 (18.2%)
George
- 6 (27.3%)
Ringo
- 4 (18.2%)
Other (specify)
- 3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21


Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite Beatle  (Read 7658 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Favorite Beatle
« on: August 17, 2009, 02:34:13 am »

other options i'd argue for: stu sutcliffe, pete best, george martin

other options i'd argue against: brian epstein, yoko ono

ps. george
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 02:40:38 am »

George.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 05:19:16 am »

George.

Aside from every other reason I like him best, if it weren't for George we wouldn't have had Life of Brian.  And that would have been a tragedy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 05:30:04 am »

stag
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 06:12:34 am »

Ringo, don't know why. Maybe because he didn't get to be the genius or the eternally famous one but I think he'll outlive them all.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 06:16:56 am »

I really don't like George, but that is because of his solo things.  Paul is summed up best by achewood (underrated bassist, overrated celebrity; also, all of his non revolver, or post revolver, songs blow.) and Ringo is the coolest.  But John, John is the one who speaks to me.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 09:04:08 am »

Who cares.  They were great together and they were all pretty damn good on their own.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 12:11:33 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 12:41:13 pm »

All I have to say about this is, there is a sushi place I go to, where the owner plays nothing but the Beatles, over and over and over. Now when I hear the Beatles I get a craving for sushi.

Unless it's a song with sitar in it, in which case I'm completely confused and can't decide if I want sushi or Indian.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 02:10:55 pm »

bombardier
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 07:17:50 pm »

the beatles were the band who taught me to get music. the first band where I learned to tell the instruments apart and know whole albums of songs by name, etc.
It was a big deal when I realized I could tell who wrote the songs, and that John was my favorite. Although George's guitar playing is awesome, and as stated, Paul is a great bass player and writer and singer.

John is my favorite. If only because I have a weird love for guys who are dicks, because I wish I could be that aggressive in pursuit of things I want.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 07:37:38 pm »

i recognize and appreciate the beatles way more than i actually enjoy their music.  im sure in some circles, thats enough to get me lynched.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 08:05:01 pm »

i recognize and appreciate the beatles way more than i actually enjoy their music.  im sure in some circles, thats enough to get me lynched.

Git the rope, Horace.  That boy don't have a sufficient affection for the lads from Liverpool.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 08:42:34 pm »

Oh I get it, Beatles is like the word "beetle" but they're musicians, so its BEATles. Am I getting this right now?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 09:13:55 pm »

To me the Beatles were kind of "there", somehow. During my infancy I was physically/psychologically/culturally removed from whatever was going on in the Real World, kind of a "raised by wolves" deal, but even so a few of their songs ("Michelle", "Help!", those types of early tunes) had apparently managed to trickle down to our rarefied lycanthrope society. For a long while I never associated the (few) tunes I later found out were theirs with "rock songs from a rock band"; To my warped perspective those were songs that had always existed, like "Happy Birthday to You". Only yyyyyears later I got acquainted with more stuff from them. But never really got around to really know what I'm talking about when I talk about the Beatles. They were kind of like Radiohead back then is that right?
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up