Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Poll

YOU PICK NOW

John
- 5 (22.7%)
Paul
- 4 (18.2%)
George
- 6 (27.3%)
Ringo
- 4 (18.2%)
Other (specify)
- 3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21


Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite Beatle  (Read 7672 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2009, 07:34:35 am »

So I'm listening to the remasters this evening (disc two of the mono Past Masters, mono Sgt. Pepper's, stereo Abbey Road, stereo Revolver, and now I think I'll give the stereo Sgt. Pepper a spin), and all I can say is

I THINK MY MY HEART'S EXPLODIN'! THESE REMASTERS!

FUCK! FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK! I may need to waste some money now. I go through phases with the Beatles... well not really. I'm just hesitant to anoint them as the best band ever and get a bit annoyed when others do, but they were consistently fuck*ng incredible, and all this talk of these new masters is making me want to plunk down some money that I should be putting in my rainy day savings account.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2009, 07:37:10 am »


I THINK MY MY HEART'S EXPLODIN'! THESE REMASTERS!

I acquired the entire Beatles catalog a couple of years ago from a tape traders group.  They only traded boots, no official releases and they justified this Beatles trade by saying it was the mixes that were done for reel to reel in the 60's and were never used again anywhere else.  That claim sounded dubious, but I didn't argue.  And I didn't feel bad either, shit, I've paid for these albums about a half a dozen times by this point.

Anyway, they are simply amazing mixes.  I didn't think it was possible to hear new in these songs I've listened to hundreds if not thousands of times.  But my god, holy shit, fuck*ng hell and daaaaaam.

I wonder if these are the 'new' mixes they have just released?

I'm just hesitant to anoint them as the best band ever and get a bit annoyed when others do

They are the best band ever.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2009, 07:43:00 am »

They are the best band ever.

Here's me, just a bit annoyed:

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2009, 07:57:39 am »

yeah, probs the best band.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2009, 05:55:16 pm »

Certainly the best band of rock bands that everyone has heard of and knows well.

Not even a question.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2009, 06:14:55 am »

FUCK! FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK! I may need to waste some money now. I go through phases with the Beatles... well not really. I'm just hesitant to anoint them as the best band ever and get a bit annoyed when others do, but they were consistently fuck*ng incredible, and all this talk of these new masters is making me want to plunk down some money that I should be putting in my rainy day savings account.

Friend, friend:


Mono v0

www.rapidshare.com/files/276274351/A_Hard_Day_s_Night-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276277062/Beatles_For_Sale-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276283811/Help-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276286207/Magical_Mystery_Tour-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276289592/Mono_Masters_Vol_1-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276297006/Mono_Masters_Vol_2-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276299721/Please_Please_Me-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276301985/Revolver-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276308874/Rubber_Soul-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276311892/Sgt._Peppers_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276315347/The_Beatles_Disc_1-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276318862/The_Beatles_Disc_2-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276321895/With_The_Beatles-2009_Mono_Remaster.zip

Stereo v0

www.rapidshare.com/files/275978752/A_Hard_Day_s_Night-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/275992589/Abbey_Road-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/275996386/Beatles_For_Sale-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276000090/Help-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276003612/Let_It_Be-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276007456/Magical_Mystery_Tour-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276016626/Past_Masters_Disc_1-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276022290/Past_Masters_Disc_2-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276025889/Please_Please_Me-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276029860/Revolver-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276037525/Rubber_Soul-2009_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276041955/Sgt._Peppers_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276047166/The_Beatles_Disc_1-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276052461/The_Beatles_Disc_2-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276056657/With_the_Beatles-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
www.rapidshare.com/files/276061367/Yellow_Submarine-2009_Stereo_Remaster.zip
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 07:03:31 am »

Quote
Certainly the best band of rock bands that everyone has heard of and knows well.

Not even a question.

Best band if we don't care about whether everyone has heard of them:

(can't decide of the best joke here. Pussy Galore? James Chance and the Contortions? It obviously needs to be someone that most people would not consider music.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 02:12:21 pm »

The Beatles are the best band ever whether you've heard of 'em or not.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2009, 10:49:46 pm »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

milhouse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 11:47:08 am »

Friend, friend:

OHHHHH SHIIIIIIIT!

I listened to Abbey Road last night. Man, the bass parts are THERE. I think I have whiplash from snapping my head at the speaker every time I heard something new. I do miss the distorted clip on John's vocal on "She's So Heavy" though. Some of the flaws and muddy mix are part of my memories... It's almost like I'm starting over with this album. Great stuff.
Logged
Three mute birds, walking in procession,

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2009, 01:07:59 am »

Some of the flaws and muddy mix are part of my memories... It's almost like I'm starting over with this album. Great stuff.

I know what you mean, but oh god the bass.  It just proves onstads point.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2009, 04:14:13 am »

I know what you mean, but oh god the bass.  It just proves onstads point.

What was Onstad's point?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2009, 04:23:36 am »

overrated celebrity underrated bassist
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Beatle
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2009, 02:25:40 pm »

A poll I made, partially inspired by this thread.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up