Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What's really scary...  (Read 5773 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's really scary...
« on: November 28, 2003, 06:11:47 pm »

Is that the night before last, I awoke at 8am again, having managed about 3 hours sleep, part way through possibly my most bizarre dream ever!
We were on a train. A really odd train at that, it lacked a driver. And when I say we, I mean me, and all you guys.
I can barely remember any of it, but every time I eat this particular make of chips, I'm going to remember Jough tucking into a bag on said train.
And it's remarkably bizarre how he looked exactly the same as his avatar, yet older.

I think I spend too much time here. And that's with me being away on AC2 most of the time.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
What's really scary...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 07:18:38 pm »

The thing is, I really do look just like the photo in my avatar, except older.  And not quite as blonde.

I had a dream the other night were I was replying to posts here.  And another last week where I was laying floor tiles with Onstad in the basement of the house I grew up in.  I found out he really liked the movie "Iron Eagle" and then we played the "Last Starfighter" video game for the Colecovision and he wanted to be called "Lou" after "Lou Gosset, Jr.".

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
What's really scary...
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 07:21:15 pm »

I think you are suffereing from nicotine withdrawl.  I hope you're keeping up the fight.

I always have dreams where I discover a secret door that leads to a gymnasium, and I realize the space means I can have my own theatre.  Then I wake up and I'm so disapointed that it's not real.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
What's really scary...
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 09:03:50 pm »

I had a dream that I started stalking each of you, one at a time.  I'd find your home addresses, then sneak around until late one night I'd break into your home and disembowel you, slowly, painfully and horribly.

No, wait, that wasn't a dream...

Your pal,

Nice August
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
What's really scary...
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 09:23:33 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
The thing is, I really do look just like the photo in my avatar, except older.  And not quite as blonde.

I had a dream the other night were I was replying to posts here.  And another last week where I was laying floor tiles with Onstad in the basement of the house I grew up in.


Do you still have that terrifying smile too?

I'd like to add something to the list of things I am thankful for: That I was never (at least not yet) far enough off the deep end to dream about Onstad, or any of the rest of you mythological personages.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
What's really scary...
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 09:27:34 pm »

How is my smile terrifying?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's really scary...
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2003, 10:25:03 pm »

Quote from: "Smells"
I think you are suffereing from nicotine withdrawl.  I hope you're keeping up the fight.


Not doing too badly.
I caved earlier today, but only got through half of it, and it wasn't nice.

And Jough, your dream beats mine easily for WTF factor. Though it would help if I coudl rememebr anything but the driverless train and the chips in detail.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
What's really scary...
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2003, 11:56:07 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
How is my smile terrifying?


There's just something about that picture that makes me think that that child is going to grow up to be an axe murderer.

But I guess I should have been afraid of August West instead...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
What's really scary...
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2003, 12:14:00 am »

Quote from: "wombat"

There's just something about that picture that makes me think that that child is going to grow up to be an axe murderer.


I think it's because I'm looking off to the side rather than right at you.

In any case, I can honestly say that I have never killed anyone with an axe, but mostly because it's inefficient.

I'm more of a pistol man, myself.  

And of course, bare-handed strangulation is really sexy.

V-Adore

  • Guest
What's really scary...
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2003, 02:34:00 am »

I've never had a dream about you people. But now, I will try.

Maybe I'll try to dream about my Quest For Enough Posts That I Can Just Buy a Title Already.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's really scary...
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2003, 09:35:16 am »

Quote from: "jough"

And of course, bare-handed strangulation is really sexy.


'Tis good. Though I'm more for the guitar string. It combines my love of music, with my love of killing. Which is nice.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
What's really scary...
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2003, 04:05:34 pm »

Quote from: "Smells"
I think you are suffereing from nicotine withdrawl.  I hope you're keeping up the fight.


I'd think it'd be deeply scarring to quit smoking at the beginning of winter... seems like the kind of combination of factors that would lead to murderin' and so forth.

I've always pictured Jough as older than, but virtually identical to his avatar... and yeah, I also find the smile terrifying.

My only board-related dream consisted of me playing mini-golf with Jough, based on an IM conversation we'd had.  We were wearing silly hats, though.  I'm not sure quite how to explain that part.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's really scary...
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2003, 04:13:25 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"

I'd think it'd be deeply scarring to quit smoking at the beginning of winter... seems like the kind of combination of factors that would lead to murderin' and so forth.


If there's a dead fat guy, bleeding under a tree in a month, then you know how well it's going!
I may well want to kill this winter. What with a bad last two months, hated family visiting next weekend, and well, me usually hating christmas anyway.
Although I'm curiously looking forward to it this year. I think...
Still, I got my emergency tobacco, so I can sneak the odd one now and then to save death. I'll need it next weekend that's for sure!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
What's really scary...
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2003, 12:29:05 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "andalucia"

I'd think it'd be deeply scarring to quit smoking at the beginning of winter... seems like the kind of combination of factors that would lead to murderin' and so forth.


If there's a dead fat guy, bleeding under a tree in a month, then you know how well it's going!
I may well want to kill this winter. What with a bad last two months, hated family visiting next weekend, and well, me usually hating christmas anyway.
Although I'm curiously looking forward to it this year. I think...
Still, I got my emergency tobacco, so I can sneak the odd one now and then to save death. I'll need it next weekend that's for sure!


You should come spend the holidays here in Winnipeg - as of this summer it's illegal to smoke in any indoor public places.  If the options are to smoke in -35 C  weather, plus windchill,  or to stay inside, I think a lot of folks here are going to make a serious effort to quit.  Never mind that the price of a pack is over $10 Cdn most places.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's really scary...
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2003, 01:02:02 pm »

Quote from: "Smells"
If the options are to smoke in -35 C  weather, plus windchill,  or to stay inside, I think a lot of folks here are going to make a serious effort to quit.  Never mind that the price of a pack is over $10 Cdn most places.


That's what I been trying here - only letting myself smoke outside if I need an emergency, stop myself killing someone or myself, cigarette.
And it's still cheaper than it is here - £5 a pack now. Christ I started when you could buy a pack for £2.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up