Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's really scary...  (Read 5764 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
What's really scary...
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2003, 01:45:35 pm »

Sweet Zombie Jesus - that's really expensive!!!  You should put that money in a jar and use it to buy your self something nice.  Like a club for clubbing people over the head, or some kind of other device that helps with your soon-to-be agitated state.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
What's really scary...
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2003, 04:31:05 pm »

Quote from: "Smells"

You should come spend the holidays here in Winnipeg - as of this summer it's illegal to smoke in any indoor public places.  If the options are to smoke in -35 C  weather, plus windchill,  or to stay inside, I think a lot of folks here are going to make a serious effort to quit.  Never mind that the price of a pack is over $10 Cdn most places.

Our campus went a little farther -- smoking is now off-limits both inside buildings and within a certain distance (20 feet, I believe) from any building. Needless to say, the smokers on campus are fairly unhappy, given as they now more or less need to smoke in the center of a quad, and even a lot of non-smokers are starting to feel weird about the whole business.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
What's really scary...
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2003, 05:23:30 pm »

Step 1: I don't want to shop at a mall where it's all smokey inside. I'm going to be in there all day. Make them smoke outside.

Step 2: I hate it when I go to the mall and there's a huge smoke haze in front of every door and 5 people crowded around it. Make them move away.

Step 3: I hate it when I go to my car and the whole parking lot is all smokey from people going out there.

Step 4: I hate it when I go to the mall and there's all these little kids whining making noise. Make them wait outside . . .
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
What's really scary...
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2003, 08:30:20 pm »

Quote from: "Smells"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "andalucia"

I'd think it'd be deeply scarring to quit smoking at the beginning of winter... seems like the kind of combination of factors that would lead to murderin' and so forth.


If there's a dead fat guy, bleeding under a tree in a month, then you know how well it's going!
I may well want to kill this winter. What with a bad last two months, hated family visiting next weekend, and well, me usually hating christmas anyway.
Although I'm curiously looking forward to it this year. I think...
Still, I got my emergency tobacco, so I can sneak the odd one now and then to save death. I'll need it next weekend that's for sure!


You should come spend the holidays here in Winnipeg - as of this summer it's illegal to smoke in any indoor public places.  If the options are to smoke in -35 C  weather, plus windchill,  or to stay inside, I think a lot of folks here are going to make a serious effort to quit.  Never mind that the price of a pack is over $10 Cdn most places.


I quit when I had a kid. Seemed like a reasonable thing to do and at that point, I was 30 and I had smoked for something like 18 years. Andalucia is totally right, though, Winter makes me WANT to smoke. Still. Good thing I live in a place where Winter doesn't exist.

$10 cdn (that's ten loonies or five toonies! Canadian money makes  your ##### fall down!) and then 89.67% of the pack is covered with warnings like "THESE WILL KILL YOU" and "YOU ARE SUCH A DICK FOR SMOKING" and stuff like that. I love Canadian cigarette packs. I though for a minute there was an actual BRAND called  "Risk of Birth Defects" but it turned out the warning was actually bigger than the logo.

I miss being able to visit Canada.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
What's really scary...
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2003, 10:17:25 pm »

Whaaa?   They're $7.50 or so where I am.  And my dear lovely Captain Blacks are only five bucks.  But yeah, no smoking anywhere indoors.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's really scary...
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2003, 12:54:36 am »

How about the council somewhere in our region, which has put a ban on employees smoking during work.
Not indoors. Not at the door. During work hours.
Any employee found smoking between 8.30 and 5 or whatever those particulars are working, are disciplined.
This includes - office staff, management, street cleaners, bus drivers. Any council worker.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
What's really scary...
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2003, 02:12:21 am »

That's awesome! No smoking at certain times! Obviously your municipal workers have a shitty union. Ours have that sort of union which will succesfully prevent you from firing someone who has committed a crime.

Bogus.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
What's really scary...
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2003, 12:55:58 pm »

shortly after the whole smoking ban here, I went to a job interview where the woman smoked while she interviewed me.  It was for a ValuVillage - I was looking for a stoner-type job.  I was offered the position, but I never took it.  My boyfriend was also interviewed there by what he described as a "big hairy guy with his shirt unbuttoned and lots of gold chains.  Some of the chains had eagle medallions hanging from them."  It seemed like a classy operation all 'round.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's really scary...
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2003, 06:09:12 pm »

Quote from: "Smells"
It seemed like a classy operation all 'round.


Sounds like the pay would have been greaaaaaaaaaat!
I've always tried to get me a job somewhere like that, since you barely need to work at all to get by. But alas, strange career type jobs are all I can find.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
What's really scary...
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2003, 10:20:22 pm »

You turned down a job at Value Village?   I'd sell my soul to work at Value Village, anyday.
Logged
goose means greedy

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
What's really scary...
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2003, 01:35:34 pm »

lets see - my job: $14.50/hr +annual bonus
              ValuVillage: $7:00/hr - no bonus

              my job:   answering the phone
              ValuVillage:  sorting soiled clothes

              my job benifits: full health and dental
              ValuVillage job benifits: work so easy you can do it high
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up