Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09  (Read 4625 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« on: August 31, 2009, 12:44:11 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08312009

No comment on this, can't handle it before my morning caffeine.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 12:52:00 pm »

The machine of Karma dispenses tennis balls?


So, the karma machine seems to be reading a man of virtue that is a self obssessed scruff, who has been wounded by god with the lash of thanatos.
Now is this what roast beef is (it does rather sound like him) or what he'll come back as?

I kind of want a print of this. Or maybe just the machine itself.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:04:52 pm »

Dear. God. I. Am. Not. A. Religious. Man. But. Please. Help. Me. Understand. What. This.  All. Means.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 02:05:48 pm »

Dear. God. I. Am. Not. A. Religious. Man. But. Please. Help. Me. Understand. What. This.  All. Means.

QFT. And canning.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 04:16:39 pm »

It appears Chris was watching Empire Records this weekend, on Fuse.   I can't think of any other reason I would both hear Romeo and Juliet, and see it mentioned in the Alt Text in such a short time span.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 05:23:53 pm »

The dice was loaded from the start.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 07:35:23 pm »

When I go, the machine will read Improvement, Charm, Vanity, Gypsy, Wounded by Others. And the Anger wheel will spin.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 09:31:42 pm »

I haven't heard Romeo and Juliet in many a year.  I have it on vinyl though.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

atalkingdog

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 10:17:30 pm »

the wheels are still spinning as Roast Beef descends into the machine.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 11:23:43 pm »

It's true the wheels are still spinning, but I see the outer wheels as slowing down and stopping right about where they are pointing now and only the very inner dial still spinning. I could see any of the "Wounded by..." fitting beef - perhaps the machine will not be able to choose and this will somehow overload it?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 01:14:29 am »

If the machine can't choose, he won't die, right? Right?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 01:32:02 am »

Just wanted to re-iterate how much I love that machine.
If Onstad ever runs out of storyline ideas he can just start drawing fantastical machinery and architecture and I'll still be here every day. Oh man, now I'm imagining an Onstad art book, that would be boss.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 02:41:06 am »

I kind of want a print of this. Or maybe just the machine itself.

this
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 03:05:00 am »

I think I figured out the machine.

The outer wheel represents general good qualities. The inner circles represent source of punishment/pain and its manifestation (i'd love to see a child wounded by god to have octocephaly). The pain circles have an arrow that point into the middle circle, as does the outer circle. The middle circle represents traits that are double-edged: for example, you can be sociable, but too sociable makes you invasive; you can endorse something, but if you do too much, you are a liar. A little scruff is good, but too much is filth, and so on and so forth.

So look for the little inward and outward pointing arrows and it makes sense:

In the case of Roast Beef:

- on the good hand, he is virtuous and has a little scruff
- however, he was cursed by God with the lash of Thanatos
- on the bad hand, he is self-obsessed (as a result of the above?)


The result is a tennis ball on a towel.
Logged

atalkingdog

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 04:17:08 am »

Just wanted to re-iterate how much I love that machine.
If Onstad ever runs out of storyline ideas he can just start drawing fantastical machinery and architecture and I'll still be here every day. Oh man, now I'm imagining an Onstad art book, that would be boss.

He put a lot of work into the theatre wall-paper.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up