Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 20090903 - Infinite Loop  (Read 4492 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 06:13:40 pm »

I have since cooled off and now realize how silly Rand zealots look.

Oh, wow. Our little A-Cap is all grown up. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 08:28:17 pm »

This is the first message board I ever used, and I came in guns blazing about my ayn rand reading and my love for the wealth creation mechanism. I did not then know that talking about Ayn Rand was such a thing on the internet forum venue and I got into many battles with LFM. I have since cooled off and now realize how silly Rand zealots look.

Ah, I see.  Well, as someone who, in a former life as editor at a college conservative rag, has had to calmly but sternly wallop more than my share of Rand zealots upside the head until they get a little smooth around the edges -- generally in bars, rather than message boards, but it's the same -- I am glad that you have cooled off and can now lead a semi-normal life among people.
Logged

atalkingdog

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 10:05:35 pm »

This will be the first and last time Roast Beef is ever compared to John Galt.

I hopes.

it was the only other narrative I could remember of a character fixing a machine being used to torture him.
or something.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 11:04:37 pm »

it was the only other narrative I could remember of a character fixing a machine being used to torture him.
or something.

stand up for yourself.  its the internet, dont be a wuss.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 02:29:03 am »

i guess the machine in the pit of despair didn't need repairs, just testing
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 06:31:38 am »

it was the only other narrative I could remember of a character fixing a machine being used to torture him.
or something.

Well, that's understandable.  Who does that?  I guess, only mythic Objectivists and Roast Beef.

{Edit: "objectivists and roast beef" is actually to be found somewhere in Mastering the Art of French Cooking, but the index is not helping me out.}
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 06:50:33 am »

It would say that there is no au-jus because it is being wasted on the underclasses and then go on about how the most oppressed people in the world are the upper-classes, what with how normal schmucks are siphoning off slivers of the upper class's potential decadence that they might live in dignity and... hey... if they wanted to live in dignity, they should've been born with stuff to begin with, such as au-jus.

And then the author would talk about how she wants the au-jus to force itself upon her, sexually.

For about eight hundred pages straight.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

atalkingdog

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 12:28:21 pm »

these Nero Wolfe books are pretty good.

as soon as I pay down my library fines I will read more of them.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up