Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frampton is still alive  (Read 2757 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

atalkingdog

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Frampton is still alive
« on: September 05, 2009, 12:42:27 pm »

I attended a Peter Frampton Concert last night.  It was an outdoor concert along the glorious banks of the Cuyahoga River.
He remains an enthusiastic performer.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 04:51:55 pm »

What an odd thing for a newb to post.

I mean, you're quite welcome here, assuming you show a modicum of civility and healthy dose of cleverness.  I'm just a little confounded over why you chose this to share with us.

Does anybody else feel like I do?  I mean, could somebody show me the way to interpret this?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 05:33:33 pm »

My interpretation is that he/she wants to talk about Peter Frampton. Maybe someone else on the board likes Peter Frampton and they can bond over this.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 05:54:36 pm »

Maybe Frampton needs a website like this one.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 06:32:15 pm »

What an odd thing for a newb to post.

I mean, you're quite welcome here, assuming you show a modicum of civility and healthy dose of cleverness.  I'm just a little confounded over why you chose this to share with us.

Does anybody else feel like I do?  I mean, could somebody show me the way to interpret this?

Well we did just have that whole "don't be afraid to start new topics" thread. I for one congratulate the new guy. Although literally everything I know about Frampton comes from that one Simpsons episode.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 06:53:45 pm »

what I know is:

a lot of people have stories about not knowing how he makes the talking noises, and being disappointed when they found out it's just a funky guitar effect (talk box).
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 09:33:43 pm »

a lot of people have stories about not knowing how he makes the talking noises, and being disappointed when they found out it's just a funky guitar effect (talk box).

Why would anyone be disappointed in that it's an awesome effect?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 09:36:16 pm »

I got it, AW.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 09:46:52 pm »

I thought everyone did, that's why no one said anything 'bout getting it.

Or wait, was that the joke?



When I was 1-14 I couldn't give a fuck about music.  Then I heard Dylan and my life changed.  From 14-15 I was into classic rock hard (thats the radio station they played Dylan on, Frampton is on there to, he must be good).  I listened to Frampton, he was one of the main reasons I became hip to what hip, challenging music was.  In a bad way.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:01:06 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 09:56:07 pm »

Quote
Why would anyone be disappointed in that it's an awesome effect?

Because people who don't play instruments have weird ideas about what is impressive on a guitar.
Where way up there is "seeming to talk using the guitar."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 09:58:17 pm »

AW, I love the way you turn a phrase.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

atalkingdog

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 12:51:14 pm »



Does anybody else feel like I do?  I mean, could somebody show me the way to interpret this?

Now I am in the Hole with touamb.com

don't feed me humble pie.

I don't need no doctor.   
Logged

milhouse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Frampton is still alive
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 11:51:03 am »

Frampton does indeed rock. I saw him last month. My previous knowledge was a few of the radio hits, but it's not like I was a fan. And the talk box? Damn sweet.
Logged
Three mute birds, walking in procession,
Pages: [1]   Go Up