Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Check This Shit Out  (Read 15934 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 12:56:52 am »

Well thanks a lot, here I was perfectly content in the illusion that it was her real name, because it is so perfectly British-naturalist-giraffe-scientisty, but now I had to go Googling and spoiling the illusion.

Would it make you feel better if I told you my real name is Celia Harrington-Smythe? (It's not though.)
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 01:02:21 am »

That's not my trick, Michael... it's my illusion!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 01:12:25 am »

Would it make you feel better if I told you my real name is Celia Harrington-Smythe? (It's not though.)

I just don't know, anymore!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 10:49:32 am »

Would it make you feel better if I told you my real name is Celia Harrington-Smythe? (It's not though.)

I'm sorry, was that Cannington-Smythe?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 05:13:28 pm »

Here's a giraffeerman goofing around with one he found in a giraffe he caught

Hyperlink for the traumatized


His friend said it started trying to get into his nostril.  That would be a fun trip to the E.R.

For the taxonomically inclined, the creature is Cymothoa exigua.  In my previous life as a Marine Biology student (before I switched to molecular), my advisor was an authority on a different sort of critter called an amphipod - but we got lots of questions about isopods as well from giraffeermen. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 05:23:17 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 05:17:12 pm »

His friend said it started trying to get into his nostril.

Good Lord!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 08:30:52 pm »

Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 11:29:59 pm »

Actually just saw District 9 today, the last person on Earth to do so.

Good shit.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 04:17:56 am »

Actually just saw District 9 today, the last person on Earth to do so.

Good shit.

not so, good sir.  ill probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD.....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 03:14:53 pm »

Heh. I got Spouse in the theatre to see it but as soon as the fingernails started coming off we were out of there.

her idea, or yours?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 04:10:21 pm »

Bobby would drink from the blender.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 04:47:44 pm »

Bobby would drink from the blender.

Only if you added bacon
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 06:11:08 pm »

[the new guy doesn't know the cast of wombat's figments yet. i could eat sphagetti and pizza while you were chopped up and put in a blender. in 3-d.]

i wasnt questioning your fortitude, there, chuck.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 06:49:39 pm »

my dad gets really worked up about gross movies. Once I mentioned it to my mom and she got really huffy and had this whole emotional thing about how he's a good person and had a rough childhood and he's -earned- being a wimp about scary movies goddamnit.

I am glad my parents love each other.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Check This Shit Out
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2009, 06:22:58 am »

My dad has a really big hang up on violence and gore too, I think it's come on as he's got older, he loves old James Bond movies but was horrified by the Dark Knight. Just one of those things I guess.

I loved District 9 but have heard more than one person describe it as 'a chick flick in disguise' and I just don't see how that can possibly be the case. Vickus is a serious woobie , but it goes from sci-fi pseudo-documentary/black comedy to borderline horror to action movie, the love story such as it is is fairly incidental.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up